This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher DPI

I want to set the DPI a little higher than the default 96 dpi. But I can only choose for 120, which is a little too big.
    On GNOME you can change the DPI-size to whatever you want.

How can I set it somewhere between 96 and 120 on KDE?
    Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Re: Higher DPI

Depends on what your video setup is. I have nvidia so I use Option "DPI" "100x100" in my xorg.conf. I use 100dpi because I use 100dpi fonts

You could try:

xrandr --dpi 100

Please Read Me

Comment

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM

I could use xrandr indeed, but that's only a temporary solution.
      Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

not necessarily - xrandr commands can be executed at X start in several ways.

If you're using an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, try the option I suggested.

Or:
        You can create ~/.xprofile which is executed on Xorg startup if it exists and is executable. You can copy and paste xrandr commands into this file so they’re executed when you log in.

For KDM to load settings before log in, add your xrandr commands to /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup.

With these solutions, the former will affect only your user and the latter all users.

Please Read Me

Comment

96dpi is ok!

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr
            not necessarily - xrandr commands can be executed at X start in several ways.

If you're using an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, try the option I suggested.

Or:
            You can create ~/.xprofile which is executed on Xorg startup if it exists and is executable. You can copy and paste xrandr commands into this file so they’re executed when you log in.

For KDM to load settings before log in, add your xrandr commands to /etc/kde4/kdm/Xsetup.

With these solutions, the former will affect only your user and the latter all users.
            Hmm, that doesn't seem to work here

Comment

Working...
            X