This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] gmail-plasmoid error on plasma startup

Hi there. First of all, as this is my first post on here, I'l like to say hello to all the users and contributors and to thank you all for constantly improving this project and the OS itself.

Anyway, here's my question...

Sometimes, after the splash screen and before the desktop is actually shown, I get this message from gmail-plasmoid. It has shown on earlier releases as well (I'm using Lucid with KDE SC 4.4.3 from the Launchpad Kubuntu Updates repo).

After I dismiss the dialog, it all loads properly. At the time I took this screenshot, I checked the option not to show the dialog again. I'm using Serbian translations, but these characters in the dialog are certainly not Serbian

This is not some huge problem, but I'd like to know what is it about. I also have another tiny issue involving plasma, but that'll have to go to another post.

Thanks in advance!

edit: Added the screenshot... My brain is still asleep...
    Attached Files

Re: gmail-plasmoid error on plasma startup

gettext I think is the script that fetches the translated text.

I wonder if you switched to english if you would still get the error or not? If you did, at least we might be able to read it!

Please Read Me

Comment

The trouble is that the dialog didn't show on every startup, and it probably show again since I checked the "don't show again" checkbox.

Comment

I think that blue symbol is an information symbol - I guess as long as everything works nothing to worry about...

Please Read Me

Comment

Yeah, probably something in getting the information from gmail. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X