This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Full Konqueror-users?

Thanks for the links. I'm pretty sure I've seen the Ubuntu community link, but I'm also pretty sure I glossed over some general statements, such as "Linux now prefers to use UUID (Universally Unique Identifier), LABEL, or symlinks to identify media storage devices on a system. Directly using /dev/hd*# or /dev/sd*# is no longer preferred [my emphasis] since these device assignments can change between system boots ..."
    Easy enough, on the surface. Just gotta think through all the implications of it (vs the familiar, convenient, pervasive sdxn's, as in, say, grub commands and such).
    Thanks, again, Claydoh.
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Re: Full Konqueror-users?

I don't use Konq for anything. Firefox for web browsing and Dolphin for local file management. Why? Just because I can!! I have nothing against Konq, it's just that in the (far distant) past Konq was not very satisfying for anything. So I used FF for the web, and variety of other things for file management. Just habit.
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
      X