This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lucid? So far...not that great.

4778? Seems low for such I high powered quad CPU, even without over clocking.

My Sony notebook gets 4519 per CPU.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

OC'd back on I'm getting bogomips : 7001.63

but it's also showing cpu MHz : 1596.000

which is curious because the native clock speed is 2.4ghz

hmmm...

Please Read Me

Comment

playing with power settings in system settings got the mhz back to 2394, but bogomips still reports 7001.

Please Read Me

Comment

Quite old (2002) but interesting non-the-less:

2.1 What are BogoMips

BogoMips mini-Howto

Wim van Dorst, WvD@clifton.nl

v33, 2002-04-07

This text gives some information about BogoMips, compiled from various sources such as news and e-mail. This text, initially started back in 1993 as BogoMips Information Sheet, is retrievable in the most up-to-date version from its homepage at www.clifton.nl, and from the various Linux archives in the file .../HOWTO/mini/BogoMips. Translations are reported to be available in Chinese, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and Slovak from appropriate archives. An explanatory article, titled 'the Quintessential Linux Benchmark,' was published in the Linux Journal, vol 21, January 1996. The BogoMips is also explained in The Jargon File. New mini-Howto entries for unlisted CPUs will be highly appreciated. They can be send per e-mail to the author.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X