This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thinking about installing Kubuntu

I'm fairly sure it is but then again maybe it isn't on the LIVE-CD. Might be a "you need to install" before it shows up?

Attached Files

Comment

I get that same screen, I don't see an option for disabling when typing, I don't see it yours either

Comment

That's because his touchpad isn't recognized.

Do you have synclient installed?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek

Actually I don't have Kubuntu installed yet, I am running the Live CD.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ12
            Originally posted by GreyGeek

Actually I don't have Kubuntu installed yet, I am running the Live CD.
            I was referring to Moonrise's pic. I should have mentioned that. Sorry.

You can install software while running the LiveCD if you have enough RAM.
            In a Konsole enter
            apt-get update
            apt-get install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics
            apt-get install kcm-touchpad

If you reboot anything you've installed is gone. If you have to restart the xserver you can do that via the konsole.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
              Originally posted by vinnywright

I never lock my widget's and thay allways stay whare I put them?
              What -- Vinny, is that for real? I ALWAYS keep my widgets locked, except when I want to change one. I thought the rule was "Unlock widgets ---> change what you want to change ---> lock 'em up again".
              well yes I beleve it is the rule........or at least a good idea BUT it just adds another button to click when I want to resize,move,change one of my folder views.
              and yes if you accidentally click the wrong thing you can releve your self of your intire panel
              fortunately I know how to get it/them all back....... ......and what not to click.

in fact I'v never kept them locked and prefer it that way so I get the pop out controles whenever I want just by pointing at it...

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks for all of the help guys! I will be installing tomorrow, while my brother is installing Ubuntu on his computer

I have a two little questions.

what is the gksu equivalent to kde? also when installing synaptic, will it install all of the gnome programs?

Comment

Thanks for all of the help guys! I will be installing tomorrow, while my brother is installing Ubuntu on his computer

I have a two little questions.

what is the gksu equivalent to kde?
                  kdesudo

also when installing synaptic, will it install all of the gnome programs?
                  no just a few things it neads......

VINNY
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I get that same screen, I don't see an option for disabling when typing, I don't see it yours either
                    Doesn't seem to be a dedicated "disable when typing" Mine is recognized and working perfectly but I only have the options moon had. You have On and OFF and MOVE ONLY.....that's it....
                    My Homesite<br />My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
                      also when installing synaptic, will it install all of the gnome programs?
                      no just a few things it neads......
                      For a "minimal" installation of synaptic, use:
                      Code:
                      sudo apt-get --no-install-recommends install synaptic
                      (it does recommend some gnome packages that aren't necessary for it to function...especially in a kde environment)

Comment

Sorry, that pic was just to assure you that it is there. That was from my desktop but my lappy does have that and it can do that. Trust me, I hate the Touchpad. I make sure it is OFF all the time. I even suggested to the developer to try to incorporate what I've seen on some systems where it will automatically disable that thing when a real mouse is installed. Hope they can get that soon. Any way, it's there it works, if not let us know and we'll help figure it out!

Comment

I imagine that you are trying to stop accidentally activating something when you touch the pad? Then move only is probably the option.

Comment

Working...
                          X