This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless speed problem

Ive been having an issue with Kubuntu. I'm currently running 10.04, but I had the same problem with 9.10 as well.

What happens is Ill startup and I can check the speed and its fine, averages 5.10mbps. If I go into my bedroom and close the door the speed drops significantly, to around 1.2-1.7 mbps.

I'm on a laptop using an atheros wireless card running madwifi drivers. Ive done the same thing with a windows install and I experience no speed loss so its definitely isolated to my Kubuntu load and the wireless drivers.

Any ideas?

Re: wireless speed problem

I had the same issue with Karmic Koala, so I had installed madwifi and blacklisted ath5k driver. I'm trying now to do the same with Lucid Lynx, with some problems. I remember that I also disabled IPv6 in Firefox and in grub.
    Maybe that might help?

Comment

Originally posted by loki993
      Ive been having an issue with Kubuntu. I'm currently running 10.04, but I had the same If I go into my bedroom and close the door the speed drops significantly, to around 1.2-1.7 mbps.

Any ideas?
      Don't close the door? (Okay, yes, not helpful, but you did ask!). What's in that door anyway - lead?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
        Don't close the door?
        rofl

Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I lift my arm like this..."

Doc: "Well, don't do that!"

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X