Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acer 10.1" AOHappy-13DQgrgr/13DQuu, will it run kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer 10.1" AOHappy-13DQgrgr/13DQuu, will it run kubuntu?

My local supermarket has what appears to be a good offer on a notebook identified as:
    Acer 10.1" AOHappy-13DQgrgr/13DQuu
    I suppose that AO means Aspire One, but with or without this assumption, I can find no info on the computer, including no info on whether it will run kubuntu or any other ubuntu flavor. Advice will be appreciated.
    Other specifications given comprise: Intel Atom N455, 1 Gb DDR3 ram and graphics = Intel GMA 3150. Wireless and web-cam.

Advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks

kpete

Re: Acer 10.1" AOHappy-13DQgrgr/13DQuu, will it run kubuntu?

i have an aod250 everything worked "out of the box" except for the wifi. the wifi card was a broadcom driver and it needed a properitary driver activated that was simple. just pluged in a network cable to install the driver use the "additional driver " tool. the best advice is to make a live usb stick and give it a try. after all thats why the disk is live and not just an installer.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

It is being sold in Indonesia with Linux pre-installed:
      http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns

But, if you can insert a LiveUSB and check it out to be sure, that would be the way to go.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

A Supermarket selling computers? That is one "Super" market!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
        X