This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for a USB driver for a Dell 1320c {solved somewhat}

I have been trying all the info available on the 1320c on the web but I cannot find a USB driver for the
    the Dell 1320c printer, can anyone point me in the right direction Thanks in advance

Re: Still looking for a USB driver for a Dell 1320c

Dell uses re-badged Lexmark printers.

Looks like that one is a Lexmark C543dn

Lexmark - United States

Comment from Snowhog:
    If you are going to post links, especially LONG links, please read my How To: Include hyperlinks in posts - the SHORT way!
    Using Linux since 1999<br />Current system openSUSE 11.3 <br />Toshiba A505-S6035<br />Intel core i7, Nvidia 300m GT<br />4 gigs of DDR3, SATA 500 gig 7200 rpm hard drive

Comment

I tried the Lexmark drivers, but they do not work

Comment

Odd, everything I've read says this printer is compatable with the Fuji Xerox DocuPrint C525A

http://zoffix.com/other/Installing-D...nter-on-Ubuntu

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: Still looking for a USB driver for a Dell 1320c {solved somewhat}

Still no Linux USB driver, but I had to put another LAN port in the computer and it now works, sure wish that everyone would say that it only works with a LAN port, that would have saved me 3 years of heartaches and headaches. But thanks to everyone who did help me, but I still had to figure it out by myself.

Comment

Re: Still looking for a USB driver for a Dell 1320c {solved somewhat}

As far as I can tell (and I'm no expert), the C525A driver that works on 32-bit Linux will not work on 64-bit. When I install the 32-bit driver, it has some weird connection with the printer, because when I try to print a test page, the two green lights blink indefinitely but produce no product. The computer obviously sees the printer but cannot talk to it in a language the printer recognizes.

Comment

Working...
            X