Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately k3b is also broken! no saving to cd of 658.9 MiB of personal documents. I already deleted a bunch of personal files.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
      Unfortunately k3b is also broken! no saving to cd of 658.9 MiB of personal documents. I already deleted a bunch of personal files.
      I would try the chown first then. I think this may settle things down enough that you may not have to reinstall. If you see other weirdness after this then reinstallation would probably be your best choice.

Code:
      sudo chown -R steve7233:steve7233 /home/steve7233
      edit: As GG said every one of us has had to learn something like this the hard way. Doesn't make it any less embarrassing, but we've all been in this place before. It's part of the learning process
      Last edited by wizard10000; Jul 14, 2017, 04:27 AM.
      we see things not as they are, but as we are.
      -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000 View Post
        I would try the chown first then. I think this may settle things down enough that you may not have to reinstall. If you see other weirdness after this then reinstallation would probably be your best choice.

Code:
        sudo chown -R steve7233:steve7233 /home/steve7233
        edit: As GG said every one of us has had to learn something like this the hard way. Doesn't make it any less embarrassing, but we've all been in this place before. It's part of the learning process
        With 581 files with the wrong permissons, I think it's best to reinstall and perhaps use BTFRS. Maybe BTRFS will keep me safe from 's. Lol
        Just need to make sure my hardware works with it, since it's almost 10 years old! Where did that money tree get to... O ya President Trump took it. Like he needs it. Lol.
        Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

With 581 files with the wrong permissons, I think it's best to reinstall and perhaps use BTFRS. Maybe BTRFS will keep me safe from 's. Lol
          Just need to make sure my hardware works with it, since it's almost 10 years old! Where did that money tree get to... O ya President Trump took it. Like he needs it. Lol.
          Give it a try. The -R switch in that command means recursive and that will reset ownership on *all* the files in your home directory and all subdirectories in less than 15 seconds. Might as well try it before you blow the machine away - at least you should be able to get a good backup of your stuff first

Of course, it's your machine and your call. Good luck with whatever you decide
          -- anais nin

Comment

Give it a try. The -R switch in that command means recursive and that will reset ownership on *all* the files in your home directory and all subdirectories in less than 15 seconds. Might as well try it before you blow the machine away - at least you should be able to get a good backup of your stuff first

Of course, it's your machine and your call. Good luck with whatever you decide
            It was more like 8 seconds. Now for the test.

Comment

Fire fox works now.

Comment

Fire fox works now.
                Coolness. Glad it worked for you
                -- anais nin

Comment

Coolness. Glad it worked for you
                  Not all some things still don't work. dmesg still shows problems. I will just reinstall using BTRFS. I hope it works.

Comment

Fire fox works now.
                    Hopefully the config files you changed or deleted won't come back to byte you!

You'll probably automatically recreate /tmp/steve7233* files with the right ownership and the older ones with root ownership you can ignore if the don't get deleted automatically.

If all the damage was in your home acct ownership but you still have some problems it's probably due to config settings. You can reset your KDE DE by renaming ~/.kde to ~/.kde_old and logging out and back in. Then you can set up your fresh desktop the way you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

dmesg redux
                      https://pastebin.com/h0hSY5QP

Comment

I used sudo ubuntu-drivers auto install. I rebooted. Got a blank screen. Power reset. Got a blank screen. Power reset. Rinse and repeat. I am now reinstalling for the umpteenth time! Should risk using btrsf again? Maybe my lap top is to old.

Manufacturered November 2008.

Comment

14.918382] Adding 313340k swap on /dev/sda1.
                          313Mb swap? Should be about twice your RAM.

13.909027 b43-phy0 ERROR: You must go to http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/...devicefirmware and download the correct firmware for this driver version. Please carefully read all instructions on this website.
                          • 361.934672] wl 0000:02:00.0 wlp2s0: renamed from wlan0
                          • 361.966095 wlp2s0: Broadcom BCM432b 802.11 Hybrid Wireless Controller 6.30.223.271 (r587334)
                          • 362.027197 IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlp2s0: link is not ready

Your wifi is still lame.

Your CD/DVD (sr0) is given you problems (5335.957264)
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

...O Yea!
                            Will BTRFS work properly on my almost 10 year old lap top and will my Intle GMA45 Video using I915 work. Also my BRCOM 4233 Wireless and my real tech 10/100/1000 ethernet.
                            I suspect the vaapi driver may have been depreciated from Ubuntu but I found a repo on launch pad that has it. https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/ubuntu/vaapi . The is no 17.10 package. The highest is 17.04 but that is EOL at the end of this month, so I don't see the point. It looks like the best is to install 16.04 LTS and add that repo.
                            Btrfs is a file system that uses copy on write. (COW). The only caveat would be if you wanted to use VirtualBox and create a dynamic virtual HD. With Btrfs it is better to create a fixed virtual HD or other solutions I won't go into here. I had no problem using VirutalBox with Btrfs. My previous laptop used the i915 driver with no problems while using Btrfs as the fs. Ditto for the eth0 device. In fact, on this Acer V3-771G the eth0 device died and since it was part of the mobo I decided to use a USB to ETH0 stick instead. It gives me 10/100/1000 ethernet but my service is only 75Mb. My wifi works OK but I am only 3 feet from the router. No sense in using wifi when I am that close, especially since it has a 54Mb limit.

My primary HD is 750Gb. I added two more 750Gb HD's and created a RAID1 Btrfs installation with the 3rd HD being used to back up subvolumes of @ and @home (/ and /home). While this Acer has only two HD bays, I took out the CD/DVD and replaced it with an HD Caddy, which works perfectly. It, too, is formatted as a Btrfs and I use the Btrfs send and receive commands to store backup subvolumes of my primary storage system.
                            Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 14, 2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I used sudo ubuntu-drivers auto install. I rebooted. Got a blank screen. Power reset. Got a blank screen. Power reset. Rinse and repeat. I am now reinstalling for the umpteenth time! Should risk using btrsf again? Maybe my lap top is to old.

Manufacturered November 2008.
                              I didn't see in the thread history just what make and model you are running. Please post the output of
                              sudo lshw
                              in your next message.

But, yes, a computer made 9 years ago is 3 generations old. There is only so much space on an ISO and so developers make room for drivers that work against the new hardware by tossing drivers that work only against the oldest hardware. That creates a "window" of compatibility. If you computer is so old or so new that the Kernel and KDE do not have drivers for some of its devices, then you are between a rock an a hard place. Some older computers can get by installing an older distro, but that would usually mean a lack of support for apps or security. My computer was made in 2012. As long as Neon continues to work I will be using it through all of its upgrades. IF a new kernel or DE release breaks my installation I will revert to the last good kernel and lock it in. Ditto for the DE. Having btrfs subvolumes backed up will make that as easy as falling off a log.
                              Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 14, 2017, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                                I didn't see in the thread history just what make and model you are running. Please post the output of
                                sudo lshw
                                in your next message.

But, yes, a computer made 9 years ago is 3 generations old. There is only so much space on an ISO and so developers make room for drivers that work against the new hardware by tossing drivers that work only against the oldest hardware. That creates a "window" of compatibility. If you computer is so old or so new that the Kernel and KDE do not have drivers for some of its devices, then you are between a rock an a hard place. Some older computers can get by installing an older distro, but that would usually mean a lack of support for apps or security. My computer was made in 2012. As long as Neon continues to work I will be using it through all of its upgrades. IF a new kernel or DE release breaks my installation I will revert to the last good kernel and lock it in. Ditto for the DE. Having btrfs subvolumes backed up will make that as easy as falling off a log.
                                I Haven't reinstalled yet. Just using the Live DVD. Which I had to manually install the Ubuntu packages to get it working since the install never does. Probably a kernel incompatibility. Just the wifi for now. might have to use an earlier version and that probably means no support which might not be so bad since this is a home laptop. I will still use the Internet so some support would be nice,. I suspect its more about money since technically there is still a lot of space on DVDs plus they could go blue ray at some point in the future. I will find a the best version to install tomorrow.

Code:
                                kubuntu@kubuntu:~$ sudo lshw
                                kubuntu                   
                                 description: Notebook
                                 vendor: Hewlett-Packard
                                 version: F.02
                                 serial: None
                                 width: 64 bits
                                 capabilities: smbios-2.4 dmi-2.4 vsyscall32
                                 configuration: boot=normal chassis=notebook family=103C_5335KV
                                *-core
                                    description: Motherboard
                                    product: 3627
                                    vendor: Quanta
                                    physical id: 0
                                    version: 18.0B
                                    slot: Base Board Chassis Location
                                  *-firmware
                                       description: BIOS
                                       vendor: Hewlett-Packard
                                       version: F.02
                                       date: 11/14/2008
                                       size: 1MiB
                                       capacity: 1984KiB
                                       capabilities: pci upgrade shadowing cdboot bootselect socketedrom edd int13floppynec int13floppytoshiba int13floppy360 int13floppy1200 int13floppy720 int13floppy2880 int9keyboard int10video acpi usb
                                  *-cpu
                                       description: CPU
                                       product: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T6400  @ 2.00GHz
                                       vendor: Intel Corp.
                                       physical id: e
                                       bus info: cpu@0
                                       version: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T6400  @ 2.00GHz
                                       slot: CPU
                                       size: 2GHz
                                       capacity: 2GHz
                                       clock: 800MHz
                                       capabilities: fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx x86-64 constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl aperfmperf eagerfpu pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm sse4_1 xsave lahf_lm dtherm cpufreq
                                     *-cache:0
                                          description: L2 cache
                                          physical id: f
                                          slot: L2 Cache
                                          size: 2MiB
                                          capacity: 2MiB
                                          capabilities: synchronous internal write-back unified
                                          configuration: level=2
                                     *-cache:1
                                          description: L1 cache
                                          physical id: 11
                                          slot: L1 Cache
                                          size: 32KiB
                                          capacity: 32KiB
                                          capabilities: synchronous internal write-back data
                                          configuration: level=1
                                  *-cache
                                       description: L1 cache
                                       physical id: 10
                                       slot: L1 Cache
                                       size: 32KiB
                                       capacity: 32KiB
                                       capabilities: synchronous internal write-back instruction
                                       configuration: level=1
                                  *-memory
                                       description: System Memory
                                       physical id: 12
                                       slot: System board or motherboard
                                       size: 4GiB
                                     *-bank:0
                                          description: SODIMM DDR2 Synchronous 800 MHz (1.2 ns)
                                          product: C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9C9
                                          vendor: Micron
                                          serial: DE1C52C9
                                          slot: DIMM0
                                          size: 2GiB
                                          clock: 800MHz (1.2ns)
                                     *-bank:1
                                          description: SODIMM DDR2 Synchronous 800 MHz (1.2 ns)
                                          product: CACACACACACACACACACACACACACACACACACA
                                          vendor: Micron
                                          physical id: 1
                                          serial: DE1C52CA
                                          slot: DIMM2
                                          size: 2GiB
                                          clock: 800MHz (1.2ns)
                                  *-pci
                                       description: Host bridge
                                       product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub
                                       vendor: Intel Corporation
                                       physical id: 100
                                       bus info: pci@0000:00:00.0
                                       version: 07
                                       width: 32 bits
                                       clock: 33MHz
                                     *-display:0
                                          description: VGA compatible controller
                                          product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
                                          physical id: 2
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
                                          capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
                                          configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
                                          resources: irq:31 memory:d0000000-d03fffff memory:c0000000-cfffffff ioport:7110(size=8) memory:c0000-dffff
                                     *-display:1 UNCLAIMED
                                          description: Display controller
                                          product: Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
                                          physical id: 2.1
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:02.1
                                          capabilities: pm bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: latency=0
                                          resources: memory:d5400000-d54fffff
                                     *-usb:0
                                          description: USB controller
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4
                                          physical id: 1a
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1a.0
                                          version: 03
                                          capabilities: uhci bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: driver=uhci_hcd latency=0
                                          resources: irq:16 ioport:70e0(size=32)
                                        *-usbhost
                                             product: UHCI Host Controller
                                             vendor: Linux 4.8.0-36-generic uhci_hcd
                                             bus info: usb@3
                                             logical name: usb3
                                             version: 4.08
                                             capabilities: usb-1.10
                                             configuration: driver=hub slots=2 speed=12Mbit/s
                                     *-usb:1
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5
                                          physical id: 1a.1
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1a.1
                                          resources: irq:21 ioport:70c0(size=32)
                                        *-usbhost
                                             bus info: usb@4
                                             logical name: usb4
                                     *-usb:2
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2
                                          physical id: 1a.7
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1a.7
                                          capabilities: pm debug ehci bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: driver=ehci-pci latency=0
                                          resources: irq:19 memory:da505c00-da505fff
                                        *-usbhost
                                             product: EHCI Host Controller
                                             vendor: Linux 4.8.0-36-generic ehci_hcd
                                             bus info: usb@1
                                             logical name: usb1
                                             capabilities: usb-2.00
                                             configuration: driver=hub slots=4 speed=480Mbit/s
                                           *-usb
                                                description: Mass storage device
                                                product: USB2.0-CRW
                                                vendor: Generic
                                                bus info: usb@1:1
                                                logical name: scsi6
                                                version: 58.87
                                                serial: 20071114173400000
                                                capabilities: usb-2.00 scsi emulated scsi-host
                                                configuration: driver=ums-realtek maxpower=500mA speed=480Mbit/s
                                              *-disk
                                                   description: SCSI Disk
                                                   physical id: 0.0.0
                                                   bus info: scsi@6:0.0.0
                                                   logical name: /dev/sdb
                                                   configuration: logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512
                                     *-multimedia
                                          description: Audio device
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller
                                          physical id: 1b
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1b.0
                                          capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: driver=snd_hda_intel latency=0
                                          resources: irq:32 memory:da500000-da503fff
                                     *-pci:0
                                          description: PCI bridge
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1
                                          physical id: 1c
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1c.0
                                          capabilities: pci pciexpress msi pm normal_decode bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: driver=pcieport
                                          resources: irq:24 ioport:6000(size=4096) memory:d9500000-da4fffff ioport:d0400000(size=16777216)
                                        *-network
                                             description: Wireless interface
                                             product: BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller
                                             vendor: Broadcom Corporation
                                             bus info: pci@0000:02:00.0
                                             logical name: wlp2s0
                                             version: 01
                                             serial: 00:21:00:c4:4d:fc
                                             capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
                                             configuration: broadcast=yes driver=wl0 driverversion=6.30.223.271 (r587334) ip=172.20.20.20 latency=0 multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
                                             resources: irq:16 memory:d9500000-d9503fff
                                     *-pci:1
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 2
                                          physical id: 1c.1
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1c.1
                                          resources: irq:25 ioport:5000(size=4096) memory:d8500000-d94fffff ioport:d1400000(size=16777216)
                                        *-network DISABLED
                                             description: Ethernet interface
                                             product: RTL8101/2/6E PCI Express Fast/Gigabit Ethernet controller
                                             vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
                                             bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
                                             logical name: enp3s0
                                             version: 02
                                             size: 100Mbit/s
                                             capacity: 100Mbit/s
                                             capabilities: pm msi pciexpress msix vpd bus_master cap_list rom ethernet physical tp mii 10bt 10bt-fd 100bt 100bt-fd autonegotiation
                                             configuration: autonegotiation=on broadcast=yes driver=r8169 driverversion=2.3LK-NAPI duplex=full latency=0 link=no multicast=yes port=MII speed=100Mbit/s
                                             resources: irq:30 ioport:5000(size=256) memory:d1410000-d1410fff memory:d1400000-d140ffff memory:d8500000-d850ffff
                                     *-pci:2
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 4
                                          physical id: 1c.3
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1c.3
                                          resources: irq:26 ioport:4000(size=4096) memory:d7500000-d84fffff ioport:d2400000(size=16777216)
                                     *-pci:3
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5
                                          physical id: 1c.4
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1c.4
                                          resources: irq:27 ioport:3000(size=4096) memory:d6500000-d74fffff ioport:d3400000(size=16777216)
                                     *-pci:4
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 6
                                          physical id: 1c.5
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1c.5
                                          resources: irq:28 ioport:2000(size=4096) memory:d5500000-d64fffff ioport:d4400000(size=16777216)
                                     *-usb:3
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1
                                          physical id: 1d
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1d.0
                                          resources: irq:20 ioport:70a0(size=32)
                                        *-usbhost
                                             bus info: usb@5
                                             logical name: usb5
                                           *-usb
                                                description: Keyboard
                                                product: USB Receiver
                                                vendor: Logitech
                                                bus info: usb@5:1
                                                version: 12.03
                                                configuration: driver=usbhid maxpower=98mA speed=12Mbit/s
                                     *-usb:4
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2
                                          physical id: 1d.1
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1d.1
                                          resources: irq:19 ioport:7080(size=32)
                                        *-usbhost
                                             bus info: usb@6
                                             logical name: usb6
                                     *-usb:5
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3
                                          physical id: 1d.2
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1d.2
                                          resources: irq:16 ioport:7060(size=32)
                                        *-usbhost
                                             bus info: usb@7
                                             logical name: usb7
                                           *-usb
                                                description: Bluetooth wireless interface
                                                product: HP Integrated Module
                                                vendor: Broadcom Corp
                                                bus info: usb@7:2
                                                version: 1.00
                                                capabilities: bluetooth usb-2.00
                                                configuration: driver=btusb speed=12Mbit/s
                                     *-usb:6
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6
                                          physical id: 1d.3
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1d.3
                                          resources: irq:18 ioport:7040(size=32)
                                        *-usbhost
                                             bus info: usb@8
                                             logical name: usb8
                                     *-usb:7
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1
                                          physical id: 1d.7
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1d.7
                                          capabilities: pm debug ehci bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: driver=ehci-pci latency=0
                                          resources: irq:20 memory:da505800-da505bff
                                        *-usbhost
                                             product: EHCI Host Controller
                                             vendor: Linux 4.8.0-36-generic ehci_hcd
                                             bus info: usb@2
                                             logical name: usb2
                                             configuration: driver=hub slots=8 speed=480Mbit/s
                                           *-usb
                                                description: Video
                                                product: HP Webcam
                                                vendor: SuYin
                                                physical id: 4
                                                bus info: usb@2:4
                                                version: 11.25
                                                serial: CN0314-S30C-OV04-VH-R02.02.01
                                                configuration: driver=uvcvideo maxpower=500mA speed=480Mbit/s
                                     *-pci:5
                                          product: 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge
                                          physical id: 1e
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1e.0
                                          version: 93
                                          capabilities: pci subtractive_decode bus_master cap_list
                                     *-isa
                                          description: ISA bridge
                                          product: ICH9M LPC Interface Controller
                                          physical id: 1f
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.0
                                          capabilities: isa bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: driver=lpc_ich latency=0
                                          resources: irq:0
                                     *-storage
                                          description: SATA controller
                                          product: 82801IBM/IEM (ICH9M/ICH9M-E) 4 port SATA Controller [AHCI mode]
                                          physical id: 1f.2
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.2
                                          clock: 66MHz
                                          capabilities: storage msi pm ahci_1.0 bus_master cap_list
                                          configuration: driver=ahci latency=0
                                          resources: irq:29 ioport:7108(size=8) ioport:711c(size=4) ioport:7100(size=8) ioport:7118(size=4) ioport:7020(size=32) memory:da505000-da5057ff
                                     *-serial UNCLAIMED
                                          description: SMBus
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller
                                          physical id: 1f.3
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.3
                                          resources: memory:da506000-da5060ff ioport:7000(size=32)
                                     *-generic UNCLAIMED
                                          description: Signal processing controller
                                          product: 82801I (ICH9 Family) Thermal Subsystem
                                          physical id: 1f.6
                                          bus info: pci@0000:00:1f.6
                                          capabilities: pm cap_list
                                          resources: memory:da504000-da504fff
                                  *-scsi:0
                                       logical name: scsi0
                                       capabilities: emulated
                                     *-disk
                                          description: ATA Disk
                                          product: FUJITSU MHZ2320B
                                          vendor: Fujitsu
                                          bus info: scsi@0:0.0.0
                                          logical name: /dev/sda
                                          version: 8909
                                          serial: K618T913G48H
                                          size: 298GiB (320GB)
                                          capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
                                          configuration: ansiversion=5 logicalsectorsize=512 sectorsize=512 signature=e0b0184b
                                        *-volume:0
                                             description: Linux swap volume
                                             bus info: scsi@0:0.0.0,1
                                             logical name: /dev/sda1
                                             version: 1
                                             serial: f178a4c5-61a0-4b9b-9d14-df7b5d1b2324
                                             size: 306MiB
                                             capacity: 306MiB
                                             capabilities: primary bootable nofs swap initialized
                                             configuration: filesystem=swap pagesize=4096
                                        *-volume:1
                                             description: Extended partition
                                             bus info: scsi@0:0.0.0,2
                                             logical name: /dev/sda2
                                             size: 297GiB
                                             capacity: 297GiB
                                             capabilities: primary extended partitioned partitioned:extended
                                           *-logicalvolume
                                                description: Linux filesystem partition
                                                physical id: 5
                                                logical name: /dev/sda5
                                                capacity: 297GiB
                                  *-scsi:1
                                       logical name: scsi1
                                       capabilities: emulated
                                     *-cdrom
                                          description: DVD-RAM writer
                                          product: DVDRAM GSA-T50L
                                          vendor: HL-DT-ST
                                          bus info: scsi@1:0.0.0
                                          logical name: /dev/cdrom
                                          logical name: /dev/cdrw
                                          logical name: /dev/dvd
                                          logical name: /dev/dvdrw
                                          logical name: /dev/sr0
                                          logical name: /cdrom
                                          version: SC04
                                          capabilities: removable audio cd-r cd-rw dvd dvd-r dvd-ram
                                          configuration: ansiversion=5 mount.fstype=iso9660 mount.options=ro,noatime state=mounted status=ready
                                        *-medium
                                             logical name: /dev/cdrom
                                             logical name: /cdrom
                                             capabilities: partitioned partitioned:dos
                                             configuration: mount.fstype=iso9660 mount.options=ro,noatime signature=3999e82d state=mounted
                                           *-volume UNCLAIMED
                                                description: Windows FAT volume
                                                vendor: mkfs.fat
                                                version: FAT12
                                                serial: e561-c446
                                                size: 15EiB
                                                capabilities: primary boot fat initialized
                                                configuration: FATs=2 filesystem=fat
                                kubuntu@kubuntu:~$
                                Last edited by steve7233; Jul 15, 2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X