X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image already added

By
    Image already addedImage already added
    Last edited by dequire; Jul 13, 2017, 12:31 PM.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Literally millions of people use the firefox package in Kubuntu, so the issue is somehow on your end. Not sure why you're having an issue, but here's what I would do:

Open a terminal and type
      Code:
      sudo apt purge firefox
      Then to be sure, type
      Code:
      sudo rm -r ~/.mozilla
      Then type
      Code:
      sudo apt install firefox
      That really should be all you need to do. If it still doesn't work, it must be your sources that are somehow bringing in the wrong Firefox packages.Image already added
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

OK every time I edit a post now I'm getting this "Image already added" message tacked on to my posts (see above), without adding any images. There's no way to delete it by editing a post...it just puts it back. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
          OK every time I edit a post now I'm getting this "Image already added" message tacked on to my posts (see above), without adding any images. There's no way to delete it by editing a post...it just puts it back. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?
          I was wondering about the image already added thing.

As I said before there might be something wrong with my source list or something but what? I'll see If I can find my paste bin account and post dmseg output maybe someone will spot something.
          Here it is: https://pastebin.com/XnLgbrpK

My laptop is about 10 years old. I know I should buy a new one. I can buy it when you give me the money!
          Last edited by steve7233; Jul 13, 2017, 01:09 PM.
          Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

never never never open dolphin with "sudo" if you must have a root dolphin use "kdesudo"

run this and post the output ,,,,,
            Code:
            find ~/ -user root
            VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
              never never never open dolphin with "sudo" if you must have a root dolphin use "kdesudo"
              OK.

Originally posted by vinnywrite;run this and post the output ,,,,, [CODE
              find ~/ -user root
              [/CODE]

VINNY
              https://pastebin.com/LPYXnUA7
              Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

Even using kdesudo dolphin, my owner and group changes are not sticking. The owner and group keep going back to root. Why root anyway since I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox?

Comment

Who owns .Xauthority in your users home directory?
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Who owns .Xauthority in your users home directory?
                    There isn't one in usr. usr is on its own partition.

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
                      There isn't one in usr. usr is on its own partition.
                      he means you,,,,,,,,,your /home/steve7233

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Looking at what you've pasted in pastebin it is obvious that your home directory, /home/steve7233/, has 581 files with root ownership. There should be NONE, unless you've installed a link to a root file. So, you must be running Kubuntu as root, or you are using sudo to run KDE apps from your home directory. This would explain ALL of your problems you've posted with over the last few weeks. While you could use chown to change the group and owner back to steve:steve there is probably other damage done to your installation's home account and probably to config files normally owned by root. So, I suggest that you reinstall Kubuntu and this time do not run any KDE program from your home account using sudo, and before you change any config files consult with people on this forum.
                        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                          Looking at what you've pasted in pastebin it is obvious that your home directory, /home/steve7233/, has 581 files with root ownership. There should be NONE, unless you've installed a link to a root file. So, you must be running Kubuntu as root, or you are using sudo to run KDE apps from your home directory. This would explain ALL of your problems you've posted with over the last few weeks. While you could use chown to change the group and owner back to steve:steve there is probably other damage done to your installation's home account and probably to config files normally owned by root. So, I suggest that you reinstall Kubuntu and this time do not run any KDE program from your home account using sudo, and before you change any config files consult with people on this forum.
                          I don't like making very stupid mistakes like that. I was wondering why vinney said never so many times. To bad it's to late to doge that bullet. I will reinstall tomorrow. It's OK to delete the config files using the live dvd and kdesudo right. I can keep all my personal files on home and just not reformat the home partition. Correct?

Comment

I don't like making very stupid mistakes like that. I was wondering why vinney said never so many times. To bad it's to late to doge that bullet. I will reinstall tomorrow. It's OK to delete the config files using the live dvd and kdesudo right. I can keep all my personal files on home and just not reformat the home partition. Correct?
                            Most have done something like that at one time or another. That's how we become experts.

Dodge another bullet. Save your personal files to a USB stick, CD or another HD, then nuke the drive and do a complete install, including home. Then restore your personal files. Don't delete config files and ask before you modify any.

May I also suggest that you install using root (/) as your only partition and not create additional partitions. When you format / use btrfs as your fs. Oshunluver and others have posted extensive msgs about using Btrfs. Using it will allow you to recover from disasters quickly without tedious file copying from a USB, CD or HD.
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

* Goes to read up on btrfs.

Comment

...O Yea!
                                Will BTRFS work properly on my almost 10 year old lap top and will my Intle GMA45 Video using I915 work. Also my BRCOM 4233 Wireless and my real tech 10/100/1000 ethernet.
                                I suspect the vaapi driver may have been depreciated from Ubuntu but I found a repo on launch pad that has it. https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/ubuntu/vaapi . The is no 17.10 package. The highest is 17.04 but that is EOL at the end of this month, so I don't see the point. It looks like the best is to install 16.04 LTS and add that repo.

Comment

Working...
                                X