This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Printing Issue: Printing is truncated to 2/3 or page

I've developed a weird printing Issue where only the first 2/3 of a page will print.
    Kubuntu 11.10, Canon Pixma iP4000, on a thinkpad T500. IT's been working great for years, but all of a sudden it won't print a whole page.
    Get's 2/3 of the way through and then spits out the paper.

Does it from all apps I've tried.

It's definitely a SW issue as I booted from the boot DVD and it worked fine.

I tried purging and reinstalling cups, gutenberg, foomatic and it doesn't make a difference.
    Printer setup identifies the printer fine, everything looks normal, just won't print the bottom of the page.

Default size is set to US Letter.

Any ideas? How do I get my printer to work again (w/o reinstalling the whole OS)?
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Have you tried printing from a different user acount? Could be a setting somewhere in your home directory.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
      Have you tried printing from a different user acount? Could be a setting somewhere in your home directory.
      Good idea. I just tried it -- same issue as a different user.
      Something's screwed in my settings and I can't figure out what.
      I've reset everything to defaults, the page size is correct (letter), just nothing I do makes it print to the bottom of the page.
      Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Must be a system wide setting in cups or in the the .ppd file for your printer.

Maybe they updated the ppd and messed it up. It would be good if you could get an older copy ot the ppd file and compare.

Should be something like /usr/share/cups/model/canonpixusip4100.ppd

Please Read Me

Comment

This is doing my head in.
          It still does it from a fresh install of 12.04
          I'm at a loss -- and I can't print more than 2/3 of any page.

FWIW, /usr/share/cups/model is an empty directory.

Anyone ?
          Last edited by devnulljp; Aug 06, 2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X