This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PHP Issue

I just set up a Kubuntu 15.04 box and installed the LAMP stack. However, php does not seem to be working. I tried to setup a joomla website, but it just displays the content of the index.php. I also tried creating a php.info file in the root folder. Even that only displays the content of the file in the browser.
    Please help....

If you just type 'localhost' in a browser url bar, what happens? How did you set up the server?

Comment

Localhost successfully gives me the Apache page. Apache was installed with the following command
      sudo apt-get install apache2

Comment

How did you put the website on the server? Did you put a virtual host for the site file in /etc/apache2/sites-available?

Comment

I installed Webmin and then Virtualmin. A website was created in virtualmin. But I tried putting a file to check php (info.php) in the root of the default site (/etc/var/www/home). That gives me the same result. It is almost as if php scripts are not running

Comment

A couple of ideas, it depends how you set up Joomla...

Maybe you're being served content from the default virtualhost (/var/www/), and your Joomla site is somewhere else (e.g. /var/www/joomla)?

Or, if the Joomla site is installed in the root of /var/www/ then you'll have to remove the default apache index page, or it will be used in preference to the Joomla index page.
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

What Feathers said. Im not familiar with Webmin or Virtualmin, but there should be a virtual host file for your site in /etc/apache2/sites-available. In that file, you can set the document root and directory. This is a virtual host file for one of my sites:
              Code:
              <VirtualHost *:80>
                      ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
                      ServerName sitename.dev
                      ServerAlias www.sitename.dev
                      DocumentRoot /home/whatthefunk/Web/Sitename/public
                      ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
                      CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

<Directory /home/whatthefunk/Web/Sitename/public>
                              AllowOverride All
                      </Directory>

<Directory />
                              AllowOverride All
                      </Directory>
              </VirtualHost>

# vim: syntax=apache ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 sr noet

Comment

I believe the document roots are defined correctly. Localhost pulls up the correct apache "It Works" page. The document root for this is /var/www/html. I created a file called phpinfo.php with the contents
                <?php
                phpinfo();
                ?>
                When I open a browser and put in http://localhost/phpinfo.php, It just display the content of the phpinfo.php file in the browser.

Comment

Maybe the apache php module isn't loaded. Try this:

Code:
                  sudo a2enmod php5
                  ...which should enable the PHP module.

Then reload apache:

Code:
                  sudo service apache2 reload
                  Any change?
                  samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I think PHP did not install properly. I re installed LAMP and all is well now. I would like to thank you guys for the help provided.

Comment

Working...
                    X