This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scaling panel icons

Is there a way to increase the size of panel icons? Apart from the task manager they are too small for my liking.
    Also how to make the digital clock 24 hour?
    Apart from that, Plasma 5.3 and 15.04 is brilliant.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	648989

Icons: not sure. I've notice they're smaller here than on Plasma 4, but yours seem exceptionally tiny.

Clock: known problem. Locale settings in Plasma 5 aren't as configurable as in 4. This is slated to be fixed in a future Plasma 5 release.

Comment

I think that there is a problem with vertical panels and using the Icons-only taskbar, but I have not yet found the bug report on it. Horizontal panels scale correctly, as do vertical panels in the standard taskbar widget, but the text labels are truncated.
      Last edited by claydoh; May 27, 2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks Gents. I'm happy to wait until it's sorted. This distro is that good.

Comment

If you use the regular task manager widget on a vertical panel, it seems to work fine re. re-sizing icons. The Icon text is suppressed and a mouse-hover opens a nice tooltip window.

Please Read Me

Comment

I'm having a similar scaling issue with the panel. I'm using a Hidpi, so forcing a font dpi that is high enough for things to be readable in, say, dolphin, means that notification dialogues on the panel are huge. As in...this huge:

I've tried different font DPIs, but this appears to affect the panel differently than the rest of the system and I can't find a way to change it separately. I've tried adjusting pane height, width, everything I could think of...and looked everywhere. Is it me, or does KDE 5.X seem to be less configurable than 4X?

Comment

Working...
            X