This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open with VLC

How could I create an entry "Open with VLC" in the device action list (in the System Tray)?

I tried in the "System configuration", but could not find out how...
    Kubuntu 15.10 - Asus All-in-one (i3, 4GB ram)

System Settings > Device Actions?

Comment

I don't know of any way to put this in the system tray. How you you envision this would work?

To make VLC the default application for a file type: Right click on the file type you want associated with VLC, select "Properties" then "File Type Options." Under "Application Order" select "Add" and choose VLC from your menu. Before you close it, move VLC to the top (if it's not already) of the list and click OK.

VLC should now the the left-click default and the first in the list of right-click options.

EDIT: I re-read your post: I think you mean when you insert a DVD or VideoCD you want "Play with VLC" as an option in Device Notifier (not really the same as the System Tray)? You should have that already from when you installed VLC. Maybe the VLC installer isn't ready for plasma 5. Anyway: ronw is right, it's in device actions.
      Last edited by oshunluvr; Apr 27, 2015, 09:29 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Solid Actions aka KDE4 vs KF5

The KDE is using solid actions to make the device actions (Open with...)

The KDE4 solid actions path was : /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/

With the KF5 the path should be: /usr/share/solid/actions/

Sadly all/most of applications are still installing the solid actions for the KDE4.

That is - when inserting a DVD there is only the 'open with file manger'.

Workaround

Copy the solid actions to the right place - either to the /usr/share/solid/actions/ or to the ~/.local/share/solid/actions/.

Copying the whole /solid/actions/ to the home directory.

Executing the:
        Code:
         kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental
        Reboot.

Testing.

Seems to work...
        Last edited by OneLine; Apr 27, 2015, 12:57 PM.
        Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
        - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

Ir worked! Thank you
          Kubuntu 15.10 - Asus All-in-one (i3, 4GB ram)

Comment

Working...
          X