This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webcam is upside down

It seems skype issues were fixed and now it works in skype as it did before.

However the camera is still turned upside down.

Camera is recognised as Philips SPC200NC which i am not sure if it is correct. Bu tthen again it could be. The max resolution can not be acieved, btu then again it was never some great piece of hardware. I tried Kamerka app and it too is turnign the cam upside down.

Does anyone know a solution or how to turn it normal (well, besides fliping the camera arround and then using duct tape to attach it to the table :-D ) ?

Try this.

Right-click on the K Menu icon in the Panel and select Menu Editor.
    Click on the > to the left of Internet.
    Click on Skype and replace skype with env LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype in Command:
    Click on Save and then close the Menu Editor.
    Launch Skype.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sorry, dont' have access to this mashcine all the time or time to troubleshoot. I guess that's what the forums are for (time delayed communication) :-)

Anyway i already use that command to launch Skype so i can use the camera. The problem is that picture is turned upside down. This didn't happen before in 10.10. I started with Ubuntu 9.10, moved to 10.04 and then switched to Kubuntu with 10.10.

I am using this script to launch it:
      #!/bin/bash
      LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype
      #LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so skype

i tried both preload options but v4l1 is the one that gives propper picture.

Comment

As you 'upgraded' to 12.04, may I assume that the script you are using was still in place during/after the upgrade? Have you tried launching Skype without it since moving up to 12.04?

Comment

I upgraded to 10.10 after that i reinstalled and added the script (it's actually just a file) as camear wasn't working (skype was still 2. somehting).

however, i've checked now and see that the script is no longer necessary with new skype version. camera works just nice without it it seems but the picture is sitll upside down.also in Kamerka.

Comment

Is your box an HP? Many of their models have that problem, which has been known for years.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Look at Fix upside down webcams in Skype

Comment

i've followed:
                A good hint if it's worth to upgrade libv4l is to run the qv4l2 program from v4l-utils. If the image there is correct, there is no need to upgrade.
                image is correct in that utility. so i didn't fin the need to upgrade.

386 libs are not necessary since this is 32bit system

the LD preload is also there to start the camera. it seems so far only skype is turning it upside down. so is it a skype issue?

Comment

Have you tried to turn the camera upside down? The picture should be right way up.

Comment

Yeha that's another solution :-D. to just glue it upside down. bu then on Skype picture will be right way up while on all other programmes and messangers it will be upside down.

Comment

Are you in Australia by any chance?

Please Read Me

Comment

You just had to ask that, didn't you!

Comment

Sorry - couldn't help myself...

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                          X