This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kwin shortcuts not appearing in settings

Meta+F1, etc still work, but i can't view or modify them. see picture attached: https://imgur.com/a/zDq0JAL

i am using Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

That's curious. Almost like a missing font or something.

However, your screen does not look like mine at all, like you're missing a package related to System Settings. There's many options missing from yours that are present in mine.

You state you're using "Ubuntu 20.04.2" So did you install Kubuntu or Ubuntu and then add plasma-desktop?

Please Read Me

Comment

I can confirm on a fresh 20.04 virtual machine, but only in the Kwin section. Mine looks identical there. So either something is wrong, or there are no modifiable shortcuts specifically for Kwin ??
      I do have such options in the latest Plasma 5.21 in KDE Neon.

I cannot see anything wrong with the ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc file, so it must be a bug I cannot yet find on the tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        That's curious. Almost like a missing font or something.

However, your screen does not look like mine at all, like you're missing a package related to System Settings. There's many options missing from yours that are present in mine.

You state you're using "Ubuntu 20.04.2" So did you install Kubuntu or Ubuntu and then add plasma-desktop?
        i installed Kubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          I can confirm on a fresh 20.04 virtual machine, but only in the Kwin section. Mine looks identical there. So either something is wrong, or there are no modifiable shortcuts specifically for Kwin ??
          I do have such options in the latest Plasma 5.21 in KDE Neon.

I cannot see anything wrong with the ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc file, so it must be a bug I cannot yet find on the tracker.
          where can i find the corresponding file for the Standard Shortcuts? (i don't have anything resembling ~/.config/kstandardshortutsrc)

Something peculiar is going on: In the settings under standard shortcuts, I have disabled the Alt+Left and Alt+Right shortcuts for Back and Forward, respectively; while the Alt+Shift+Left and Alt+Shift+Right shortcuts for Back and Forward remain enabled. However, Alt+Left and Alt+Right go forward and backward, while Alt+Shift+Left and Alt+Shift+Right do nothing -- the exact opposite what the settings show. (I've restarted the computer and all applications and it makes no difference)

i really need to be able to modify keyboard shortcuts - whether i do it through gui or text files doesn't matter. any guidance is appreciated

Comment

it is all in ~/.config/kglobalshortcutsrc, particularly the ones that you show as blank. Just look for lines that have "Switch to Desktop"

Comment

I wrote in this post:
              IMO, and IME, the shortcuts handling is buggy.
              There I report just renaming kglobalshortcutsrc to restore function, then carefully adding the needed shortcuts, works.

I've also at another time had success with this method.
              Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by cyrum View Post
                Meta+F1, etc still work, but i can't view or modify them. see picture attached: https://imgur.com/a/zDq0JAL

i am using Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
                Your window size is not big enough. Without resizing, you need to pull that horizontal scroll bar across

Comment

Originally posted by Bings View Post
                  Your window size is not big enough. Without resizing, you need to pull that horizontal scroll bar across

That is a great catch

Comment

Working...
                  X