This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Install now or wait? / want LTS

I had a beast of a time getting upgraded from 19.04 to 19.10, as you can see in this thread:
    https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ape-19-04-hell

I had accidentally waited too long and thus the repositories were not cooperating with any application installs or the upgrade. That's taken care of as you can see in the old thread. Now I would rather upgrade to 20.04 and set it to LTS. I would prefer not to have to upgrade often, and maybe miss the boat by having the repositories suddenly not work.

Is now a good time to upgrade to 20.04 or do I need to wait before LTS is viable?
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

You CAN do it now. All the signs say this will be a good release. HOWEVER, if you're looking to reduce the amount of troubles you may have, you might wait a few months to let some bugs get worked out. That's usually what I do because I need my computer for work everyday. Once you do, you might consider setting the release-update-notifier to "LTS only" so it doesn't tempt you in October

Please Read Me

Comment

Start now, you can't lose, unless you are trying to install it on a 32bit machine.

I started using Kubuntu 20.04 in January. It has not given me any problems at all. It is very fast.
      All of my WINE programs installed. SpaceEngine-0.98 runs without problems, as do my Steam games.
      QEMU/KVM works perfectly. In fact, IMO, better than VirtualBox. I've played with openSUSE Tumbleweed, Ubuntu Deepen DE, Ubuntu Gnome using ZFS as the root filesystem, Deepin, KDE Neon,
      My IPv6 Hurricane tunnel works perfectly and my browser primary protocol is IPv6.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X