Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well even if you can't find nothing to change in your samba.conf you could look at the 7th last line of my posted samba.conf in the initial post of this thread or read the entire thread and see that many people have made suggestions specifically concerning what protocol they are forcing in their samba setup. It might help if you deleted all the commented lines so it's easier to read what your samba.conf is actually doing.

Comment

Hi Shag00

I tried to add that line with the protocol to my Samba.conf and still the same.
      Today there was some updates to samba, but also didn't worked...

Comment

So, it's now working after adding these 2 lines to samba.conf
        client min protocol = NT1
        server min protocol = NT1

Thanks

After all it didn't worked... I can only see the folders but not the files inside...
        Last edited by larbac; Apr 29, 2020, 04:46 AM.

Comment

The update to 19.10 did restore functionality when browsing a 19.10 server from a 20.04 client, is this what you are trying to do? Also, I did not see a share setup in your samba.conf. I only posted the global section of my samba.conf above. One of my shares from my Samba.conf is as follows:
          Code:
          [ENTERTAINMENT]
             comment = Media Files
             path = /media/pool/Entertainment
             browseable = yes
             force user = shagoo
             force group = shagadmin
             guest ok = no
             writeable = no
             write list = shagoo, scott
             create mask = 0775
             directory mask = 0775
             force create mode = 0775

Comment

Should maybe clarify. My one user, one multi boot PC, local network means that whichever partition (Windows, Linux) I boot, it will become the Samba server. Win 10, Win 7 and openSUSE will be SMB1 whereas Fedora 32 and Kubuntu 20.04 will be SMB2. When booted F32 or K20.04 my Android tablet and TV have to use the SMB2 protocol, which for me regrettably means that I have to use passwords. Expect the openSUSE upgrade in June will also force SMB2. Don't believe there is any way around it, but if there is, I would be glad to learn.

Comment

So seems like your server is just for your own use, in that case add these lines to samba.conf in the global section:
              create mask = 0777
              guest ok = yes
              writeable = yes

After having done that open a terminal, cd to your root directory and enter sudo chmod -R 777 XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is the top level directory of what you are sharing.

Comment

Thanks shag00 I do already have those settings. Are you saying that that the K2004 SMB Server you can be accessed with a SMB1 client?

Comment

No, I am not saying that.

Comment

None of my business, but if you're sharing linux-to-linux why not set up nfs instead of windows file sharing? Just curious.

Please Read Me

Comment

Don't be so politically correct, it's a public forum FFS. In my case it's the linux to linux connections that were broken and which are my primary concern, the windows to linux connection is to me a much lower priority which I will investigate after my priority needs are satisfied. I think everyone should foster an environment where people feel free to make non-stupid, on-topic comments to any post.

Comment

Correction: Now realise that the line "client min protocol = SMB2" is not needed. The SMB server on K20.04 will be SMB2 anyway.

It seems that the main thing is that the clients can handle SMB2 protocol

Comment

Working...
                        X