X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-monitor display and startup problem with Thinkpad

System is a Thinkpad X260

I sometimes use my laptop with a second monitor. Today when I turned my laptop on without the second monitor, there was no taskbar and no internet access.

I was able to open programs via keyboard shortcuts and terminal. But no joy for internet.

When I plug in the second monitor, everything works again, even without a restart. And if I plug or unplug the second display while in use, everything jumps back and forth between the onboard and second display and keeps on working

How do I make it work normally again when I don't have the second display?

Did you check which display is set as "primary"

On the surface, shouldn't cause you to lose networking tho unless the you're using wifi and it's not logging in if you don't have access to the task bar. Still, seems odd.

Please Read Me

Comment

I think I "solved" this. I added a taskbar to both screens. Then I got wifi back. Fingers crossed that it sticks.

Comment

The default behavior is the taskbar (actually "panel") appears on the "primary" display. WHich is why I suggested checking that. However, IME, the system usually automatically sets the display as primary if there's only one. I wonder if you had powered down between these events or did you suspend or hibernate instead? THat might explain the behavior.

Please Read Me

Comment

Possibly. But it does behave a bit wonky from time to time. A default panel sometimes disappears. But now I know how to put them back with a click.

Comment

Working...
          X