This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Theme issue - where did my borders go

Seems my windows decided they don't need borders. Kinda crisp, but I hate having to hunt for the edge of a window when trying to resize them.

So I just installed a bunch of Global Theme's in an attempt to fix this issue. All seems to suffer this.

A few of the weirer Themes does make the borders become visible - Sweet is just too weird, Reactionary is just too CDE-retro, etc.

I just want my plain default theme with the border it used to have - perhaps there is something buried in the settings ... a knob I never turned that got switched off somewhere ...

FWIW I haven't even been into Themes / appearance settings in many many weeks, yet this problem seemingly started in the last few days.

Have you tried

Click image for larger version

Name:	nb.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	644428
    ?

Still... I would give it a few hours to get used to the no-border setting. It puzzled me a little at first, but now I love it :·)

Comment

Ah great, Somehow I could not see that option. That fixes it... but why did it just change!?

Comment

I guess your plasma upgraded to 5.17. Mine did a few months ago (5.16.90, which was 5.17 beta) and the borders disappeared.
        See here (under Breeze Theme) : Window borders are now turned off by default

I said "hey!", got worried for a minute, then remembered I was using a beta version, and said, ah, I'll fix it later.
        By the time I was ready to fix it... I had decided I quite liked it and would keep it for a while and check it out. Now, going back to borders would just look... ugly :·)
        Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Nov 29, 2019, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X