This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with thunderbird and gmail due to gtk

I cannot make Thunderbird work with IMAP gmail because of a known bug at t-bird 60.9.0, which seems to be the default for Neon at the moment. Mozilla has a correction, level 60.9.1, but it requires GTK+ 3.4 or higher. The highest I see from dpkg --get-selections is

Code:
    libgtk-3-0:amd64                                install
    libgtk-3-bin                                    install
    libgtk-3-common
    Mozilla says
    Code:
    Thunderbird will not run at all without the following libraries or packages:

GTK+ 3.4 or higher
     GLib 2.22 or higher
     Pango 1.14 or higher
     X.Org 1.0 or higher (1.7 or higher is recommended)
     libstdc++ 4.6.1 or higher
    Will we be getting GTK+ 3.4 anytime soon? Does that depend on the LTS basis of Neon?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Originally posted by joneall View Post
    I cannot make Thunderbird work with IMAP gmail because of a known bug at t-bird 60.9.0, which seems to be the default for Neon at the moment. Mozilla has a correction, level 60.9.1, but it requires GTK+ 3.4 or higher. The highest I see from dpkg --get-selections is
    Code:
    libgtk-3-0:amd64
    This doesn't mean version 3.0, the current version of gtk3 in neon user stable is 3.22 (well above 3.4)

Code:
    [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#18B218]dpkg-query[/COLOR] -W libgtk-3-0
    libgtk-3-0:amd64        3.22.30-1ubuntu4
    [/FONT]

Comment

Aha, thanks. So since I installed thunderbird using apt-get, I need to wait for Kubuntu to update it.
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X