Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What now? Did lobotomy on korganizer. Fixed Akonadi pim service not operational issue

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What now? Did lobotomy on korganizer. Fixed Akonadi pim service not operational issue

I think I destroyed my calendar entries and Kmail settings, etc.
    Is there anything I can do to recover lost information? Is there a backup of some kind that's automatic?
    (But, I just checked my Google Calendar on my cell and it still retains my info...Lucky there. Do I need to be careful in connecting it to Korganizer again?)

I thought I had found a nondestructive of personal data way to take care of the "The Akonadi personal information management service is not operational" message I got for the first time this morning. I googled for solutions and avoided ones that recommended "rm.. anything"

The advice for another person I followed came from https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...erational-quot in a listing by GreyGeek at 09-26-16, 03:30 PM in which he lists a series of mysql components to reinstall. I did all the indicated ones except the last as it had not been installed on my system.
    [Note: not blaming GreyGeek, just specifying what I did]

So reinstalling a database component turns out not to be nondestructive: tough lesson.

The good news is Korganizer is working again.
    Neon 18.04.1 User on desktop and on Asus Transformer 3 Pro laptop

Korganizer does not allow new events to be added.
    The message is "You created an incidence in a calender that is currently filtered out. On the left sidebar, enable it in the calender manager to see the incidence."
    There is no calendar manager to enable events.
    Adding a null fillter does not work.
    Reinstalling Korganizer did not work.
    I found backups with very old entries in .kde/share/apps/korganizer and I don't know how even to bring them back. They are both called "std.ics"

Comment

The secret is to type in the long box on the left about in the middle with grey instructions "Enter a summary to create a new to-do" After that I can add events. Strange. I hope it keeps working.

Comment

Glad you were able to figure out a solution. Hope it continues to work for you.

I haven't used the whole kdepim thing in a long time. I used to like it, then the akonadi and index everything "upgrade" a few years ago killed it for me, and I never looked back. T-Bird and Lightning work for what I need to do.
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Redundancy saved me. I have Korganizer also on a laptop. Both desktop and laptop are linked through Google calendar. I exported the laptop's ical info and imported it on desktop and am back in business.
          I also upgraded my cloud backup (until I get around to putting together Nextcloud servers for my partner and me).

I will get help with my ISP for Kmail settings in the effort to migrate to it.

I hope my ramblings and errors help some others avoid my self-inflicted loss and anxiety.

Comment

I sympathize, all of the problems I've ever had have been self-inflicted
            The next brick house on the left
            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
            X