This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After update to Applications 19.04 error with gdrive

This was working before the update but now when I try to access Google Drive with Dolphin, I get the following error message:

Unable to create io-slave. klauncher said: Error loading '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/kf5/kio/gdrive.so'.

A Google search does not provide any answers.

I have a similar problem trying to save the SMART status report in Partiton Manager.
    Last edited by Beerislife; Apr 24, 2019, 01:20 AM.
    Constant change is here to stay!

I see I'm not alone, by far:

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=309&t=160338

Comment

I'm now seeing this error with Dolphin:

The process for the gdrive protocol died unexpectedly.

This will probably continue until I reboot and then it will return to the original error message!

Comment

Also, trying to save a copy of my hard disk SMART report in Partition Manager throws up this error:

Unable to create io-slave. Can not create socket for launching io-slave for protocol 'file'.

All since the Apps update!

Comment

There was an update to kio-gdrive but it did not fix the problem. I was also having problems with Choqok and KDE Wallet and so as I was in the process of switching from a HDD to a SSD I decided to install Mint Cinnamon.

Comment

BTW. Installing all of KDE Telepathy components seems to have fixed the problem...

Comment

How are you performing your updates? While you may not prefer to do so, updating via konsole is almost 100% fool-proof.

Run: sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I only use a Terminal for updates! or installing apps :-) Can't be arsed with the GUI app except Muon!

Comment

Working...
                X