Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to show this is not just me this is happening to I did a google search: "kubuntu 18.04 keeps asking for wifi password" and get tons of folks with the same issue, mostly unresolved.

Including a bug report for 16.04
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/1572244
    Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

What I don't get is, there is no Wifi info in the kdewalllet manager, yet it keeps asking for Wifi?

Comment

The situation seems to be resolved. I will wait a few days before confirming and marking as Solved.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty7 View Post
          What I don't get is, there is no Wifi info in the kdewalllet manager, yet it keeps asking for Wifi?
          This thread has gotten quite long, so I'll just ask this anyway.

When you established your wifi connection in KNetwork Manager, did you specify that this connection could be used by 'All users'? You want to do that.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No I did not, but I checked it and of course it is that way by default.

The issue seems to have stemmed from the STA Driver being installed by default, and then when changing it to the better open source Driver something with kdewallet seemed to want the password every time. So IMO it is a bit of a glitch, but why these things happen to me is beyond me. Actually I don't seem to have to many issues with Linux, but had one that really nagged me and for some reason only a small portion of the community had it also. It's to be noted that these types of issues happen less with Intel stuff.

Did you look at this: google search: "kubuntu 18.04 keeps asking for wifi password" and get tons of folks with the same issue, mostly unresolved. Some for Ubuntu if memory serves.

I assure you I did nothing unusual, and to me, it is an issue that Kubuntu or Ubuntu should not even install that driver to start with, though there may be a legal reason why they don't.

Comment

Working...
            X