This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Password Issue?

I don't know what is going on guys, please help me out resolving this. I had all kinds of Wifi issues and thought it was actually Wifi that was the problem, but now I'm seeing that Chrome keeps Un-Syncing my passwords also Really, where do I go to learn how to use this distro, it seems to be causing me so many issues I'm ready to move on to something else.

For instance, what do I do with the KDE Wallet if I'm not using it, Turn It Off or not? Because something is causing all kinds of issues. Maybe it is Wifi, and that's why I was not able to sync. But when I plugged in my Ethernet I was able to get online, but still had to Re-Sync and input my password!

I'm going to go back to the Ubuntu forums where I was getting help with Wifi and see if this is actually what is causing all my issues. Any input would be very appreciated!
    Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

I may have got things fixed so no need to post on my behalf.

Thanks, Nasty

Comment

You're under no obligation to share the solution here but ...
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Solved.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	644047
        ######

Comment

Originally posted by Nasty7 View Post
          I may have got things fixed so no need to post on my behalf.

Thanks, Nasty
          I may have got things fixed, so will post back when I'm sure! Need to reboot a few more times along with a complete shutdown a few times.

Comment

Thomas00@

That's likely the BEST depiction of a "I need help. Never mind, found the solution. Thanks anyway." meme I think I've ever seen!
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

But the head's still attached to the body ...
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

If you going to insult me at least answer the KDE Wallet question?

Comment

That's part of the fun

EDIT: In answer to your Wallet question, I stopped using KDE Wallet a long time ago. Found it more of a hindrance than a help. So it is entirely possible, that Wallet is at the the root of the problem. I emptied it and then disabled it - but that's been a long time ago, and memory fades on the details.
                  Last edited by jglen490; Nov 09, 2018, 10:20 AM.
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

KDE Wallet has never troubled me, possibly because I login with a password instead of choosing autologin.
                    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I don't use autologin, either, absolutely never, in fact. However, at times, Wallet has been problematic - for me. Maybe a PEBKAC issue, or a problem with a specific application making use of Wallet ... or a thousand other reasons, that may not apply to others. Just an observation.
                      The next brick house on the left
                      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

If some of you are referring to me not using a login (Autologin), I changed to a Login as soon as I started having issues. I also Unchecked the KDE Wallet box, don't remember what it's called now, and assume this is what some are doing? I'll work on this more tonight.

Comment

You can open your wallet via KDE Wallet manager (Alt-Space or via System Settings) and check if there are any entries in Network Management, I have an entry for each Wifi network my system is aware of.
                          If there are none I doubt it's the wallet which causes your problems. You could also try to explicit close the wallet and connect to your network and see if this forces the wallet to appear.

Since I figured out how to get rid of the annoying password requests I find the wallets to be quite convenient.
                          If the wallet starts to bug you with password requests, go to Wallet manager and save it with an empty password.
                          And I would also not use pgp security when you create a new wallet as then you will have t provide an additional password to unlock the pgp key...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                            Thomas00@

That's likely the BEST depiction of a "I need help. Never mind, found the solution. Thanks anyway." meme I think I've ever seen!
                            That’s exactly what I thought when this crossed the wire on Twitter a while back, I knew I will need this at some point

Comment

Took me a while but I was able to see there was a Wifi Password being saved in KDE Wallet. Wasn't sure if that was normal or not, so made use of that nice "Set To Defaults Button" and now all works well! I went back and checked and no password there after a few boots. I don't know what happened but will keep my fingers crossed as I don't need any more problems. Seems like I just had some bad luck somehow and Wallet was a possible culprit. I was really excited about Kubuntu and this has really got me down. Spending hours trying to fix this stuff has not been fun. At least I got to use the Cube last night.

Another issue I'm having is Chrome is asking to be Default every time it is opened? I click Yes to set as Default and it happens again later.

Comment

Working...
                              X