Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible you have another browser that's also set to "default"?
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Yes, but I thought choosing Chrome as Default would just change that? I would imagine it was Chromium, but was having problems with Chromium so installed Chrome.
      Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF, 8GB RAM, i7 3770, Kubuntu 18.04, MB 051FJ8

Comment

What does this show: Settings->Systems Settings->Applications->Web Browser
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
          What does this show: Settings->Systems Settings->Applications->Web Browser
          That's exactly what I needed jglen490!

Health issues have kept me from getting back on my Kubuntu Machine. Honestly it don't work as well as I'd like it to, but will stick with it for a while.

I am happy that Scrolling in web browsers is quite good at least for this CPU/GPU=APU Haha I've had issues with this type of thing in the past, all with Linux Mint, but only because that is what I've used over the years.

Comment

I've always given KWalletManager a blank password and left it be - never caused any problem.

Comment

I don't know what happened Worzel, I never touched anything and was having issues with Wifi, and it ended up being Wallet that was causing all the issues. Perhaps I changed something by accident I don't know. I'm usually pretty careful changing anything I don't understand but...

Are you saying I have to physically put an Empty Password in there as someone mentioned before? What about Unchecking the little box that appears to disable Wallet. Sorry on Windows now.

Comment

If there is a password in Wallet (the password to Wallet itself), delete it so there is no password there, and save/close Wallet. In this way, Wallet can contain passwords for other applications, but Wallet itself doesn't require a password to be accessed.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

All seems to be good now guys, just when I first started out for some reason, Wallet was asking for Wifi Password. After I entered it once I didn't realize that it was being stored there, and that "seemed" to be causing all my Wifi issues. When I removed it and saved that change it all seems to be working fine now.

Wallet seems to be a nice feature but I'm too old school and all locked into Windows, and keeping PW's in Chrome. Everything is Two Factor Authentication but it's still in the cloud...so who knows if google ever gets hacked they will have all my forum passwords lol. All important ones are kept locally.

Thanks

Comment

The Cloud is useful, but it is not magic - it's just another server farm that interacts with users by means of a service layer that uses abstraction to hide the underlying details of the OS, databases, and other processes. In my opinion, once Google/Amazon/etc. has your data in their servers, you have no expectation of privacy or protection. Despite all their vague promises, and smiles, what's yours is yours - and their's. And it may be their's, under certain conditions, by law.

It's your choice, just understand the risk. I explicitly avoid it to the extent that I can. I have no idea if a forum, or some social media runs in a Cloud environment of some sort, or not.
                    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Just to add, when I get this all figured out on my spare laptop I want to get Linux on my #2 Desktop. I hope it is going to be Kubuntu because I've always wanted to move from Linux Mint to a Official Ubuntu Flavor.

Comment

Well you will have had a lot of good experience when you do decide to Kubuntu that #2 desktop!

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
                          Well you will have had a lot of good experience when you do decide to Kubuntu that #2 desktop!
                          Yeah, the reason being, I don't have a lot of space to pull out a laptop and use it unless it's in my lap or whatever. But I do have both desktops in a decent space to use whenever needed.

Comment

Guys, this freaking Wallet is driving me crazy. I had it open and now it won't close saying "Unable to close wallet cleanly. It's probably in use by other applications. Do you wish to force it closed?"
                            Finally got it closed by just clicking the X in the upper right corner instead of the "CLOSE" Button...

The reason I opened wallet is Chrome keeps asking me if I want to set it as Default. Chrome is already set as Default in Default Applications so why does this keep happening?

Once I get this monster figured out can't I just Un-tick the Wallet: "Enable the KDE wallet subsystem"

I also have some other screenshots I will post next so I can get some help on understanding this issue once and for all.

Thanks, Nasty7

Comment

Just to show I have Chrome set as Default here is a pic. I still have Chrome ALWAYS ASKING to Set as default!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                                If there is a password in Wallet (the password to Wallet itself), delete it so there is no password there, and save/close Wallet. In this way, Wallet can contain passwords for other applications, but Wallet itself doesn't require a password to be accessed.
                                Honestly Snowhog, I cannot even figure out where the wallet password is?

Comment

Working...
                                X