This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to run command at boot or startup

A new keyboard seems to have some keys unmaped. so backlight that is set on scroll lock key doesn't work.
    solution is easy - i need to enter the following to make the key work:

Code:
    xmodmap -e 'add mod3 = Scroll_Lock'
    but how do i have this entered this at boot startup?

the autorun startup application in the settings only offers script or to run application. i am not sure - should this be done as script and then the link added here? or is it better to add all this as script into ~./config//autostart folder ?

also it seems some signs that need Alt Gr are not showing, so i guess i will somehow need to add those as well.

i plan to upgrade to 16.04 in the summer or autumn and new kernel will likely solve the issue. but until i have time to do the upgrade i plan to use the workaround.

If you are the only one running your machine (no other accounts), you can put in it ~/.profile
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

xmodmap commands can't really be done at boot anyway.

The "proper" way to remap keys using X11 is to edit ~/.Xmodmap and add your adjustments there. You should already have the file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/80kubuntu-xmodmap which activates each users' Xmodmap file at log-in.

Please Read Me

Comment

Have you checked out what KDE can do in system settings, input devices, keyboard, advanced tab? A bit hard to find, but loads of settings. I've stopped using xmodmap with KDE.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
        X