• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pulseaudio-equalizer

I just looked for this the other day and it has been updated for 16.04

and since my Neon-/dev/stable is based on 16.04 I tried it ,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/syste...equalizer.html

and it works well @hear ,,,you do not get immediate change when you adjust the sliders ,,,you must click apply to set the change ,,,,,but to have a system wide EQ I can live with it .

yes VLC has it's own EQ and so dose my favorite QMplay2 but Spotify dose not and what about web browser audio and video ,,,well this covers whatever is coming through your sound system.

yes it's GTK ,,,,and I'm using the "Arc-red-dark" theme ,,,,,but it works

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

So ,,,even though this one dose work ,,,,I got the urge to tinker tonight and inspired by this thread ( https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post411289 ) I wanted to know if the "qpaeq" would work .

it seams as though it is not included with the pulseaudio-utils package any more so I went looking for it ,,,,,,witch led hear ( https://github.com/pulseaudio/pulsea...rc/utils/qpaeq ) it's ported to PyQt5 ,,,,,, coped the script and saved as /usr/bin/qpaeq ,,,,,,,"chmod +x /usr/bin/qpaeq" ,,,,load the pulse modules
    Code:
    pactl load-module module-equalizer-sink
    and
    Code:
    pactl load-module module-dbus-protocol
    now an entry will be in the speaker icon in the system tray "FFT based equalizer on built in analog stereo" when you want to use the equalizer just drag the app that your using from the applacations tab and drop it on the eq output ,,,,and launch the "qpaeq" .

this one dose adjust the sound in real time as you adjust the sliders and remembers where you had them set after closing reopening the app .

to make pulse audio auto load the 2 necessary models at system start just add
    Code:
    ### Load the integrated PulseAudio equalizer and D-Bus module
    load-module module-equalizer-sink
    load-module module-dbus-protocol
    to the end of /etc/pulse/default.pa

and it's Qt so fits right in

VINNY
    16GB RAM

Comment

Uh.. so.. this is awkward.

I moved from Ubuntu to Kubuntu 18.04.
      I have the same problem with online podcasts and found this thread.
      Installed the eq, put the code at the end of the default.pa file...
      soo.. HOW do you access the eq?

Comment

Originally posted by wadesmart View Post
        Uh.. so.. this is awkward.

I moved from Ubuntu to Kubuntu 18.04.
        I have the same problem with online podcasts and found this thread.
        Installed the eq, put the code at the end of the default.pa file...
        soo.. HOW do you access the eq?
        you can launch by typing qpaeq in a konsole and pressing enter , if you saved the script to /usr/bin/qpaeq ,and /usr/bin is in your path (it should be) ... and to make it more convenient you can make a menu entry for it so you can just click it in the menu .

VINNY
        16GB RAM

Comment

First, thanks for the answer.
          Second, sorry I didnt respond back. I thought the forum would send a email
          upon any response.

Now that I can start it, this is supposed to work for all audio coming across the
          system, right?

Under Sink I have two options:
          alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.equalizer
          alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.equalizer.equalizer

Neither choice seems to allow any change to the audio.

Going back to what I did before (because its been a while)
          pactl load-module module-dbus-protocol
          Failure: Module initialization failed.

Log shows:
          9/20/18 12:39 PM pulseaudio [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c: module-equalizer-sink is currently unsupported, and can sometimes cause PulseAudio crashes, increased latency or audible artifacts.
          9/20/18 12:39 PM pulseaudio [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c: If you're facing audio problems, try unloading this module as a potential workaround.
          9/20/18 12:39 PM pulseaudio [pulseaudio] module-equalizer-sink.c: resume state exists but is wrong size!
          9/20/18 12:39 PM pulseaudio [alsa-sink-ALC888 Analog] module-equalizer-sink.c: Resetting filter
          9/20/18 12:39 PM pulseaudio [alsa-sink-ALC888 Analog] module-equalizer-sink.c: Resetting filter
          9/20/18 12:39 PM pulseaudio [pulseaudio] module.c: Module "module-dbus-protocol" should be loaded once at most. Refusing to load.

Comment

You can activate email notification of messages to threads you subscribe to (i.e. post in).
            My Settings --> General Settings --> Default Thread Subscription Mode:
            choose "By email ..."
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I cant access that:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
              1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
              2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Seems strange I cant access my own settings.

Comment

You should not have any issues accessing your own account settings. Are you trying to do so when you are logged in to KFN, or while not logged in?
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Im logged in.
                  Otherwise I couldnt reply here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X4LryATQVCPdxbWU9
                  Last edited by wadesmart; Sep 20, 2018, 12:27 PM. Reason: Adding image

Comment

Had to ask. Had to be sure.

Would you object to me trying 'as you'? As an administer for KFN, I can "log in as another member". This allows me to 'see what the member sees', which is helpful to identify/troubleshoot issues the member says they are experiencing. If you are okay with that, let me know in a reply here, then log out of KFN for a bit so I can log in as you.

Comment

Sure, go ahead.
                      Did you see the link above?
                      Screen shot of my screen.
                      But yes, go ahead and log in.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesmart View Post
                        Im logged in.
                        Otherwise I couldnt reply here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X4LryATQVCPdxbWU9
                        I'm a doofus at times!

The reason you are getting that message, is that you don't, at present, have permission to edit your personal settings in KFN. That is by design. You are currently in the 'Registered User' usergroup. That usergroup isn't permitted to access/edit ones personal settings. Once you are 'promoted' to the 'Established' usergroup you will be able to access/edit your personal settings.

Comment

Back to the original subject - I got the eq to work after finding the
                          sound settings and changing the settings for Firefox.

Now, how do you make a menu entry like vinny was saying above -> "and to make it more convenient you can make a menu entry for it so you can just click it in the menu ."
                          And, is it possible to add it to the sound menu when it pops out?

Comment

Oh! Ok so.. .. until you are established you cant know you have replies to your
                            help requests. Interesting. Well, would it not be good to add to the "registered user"
                            to receive emails by default?

Comment

You can Subscribe to any thread you want. Just click on Thread Tools at the top of any thread and select Subscribe to this Thread.

If you don't explore, you won't discover what's available.

Comment

Working...
                              X