This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDs not seen

I am trying to install to another computer. No HDs are seen during install. Do I need to use a switch. How? I am using the live session. I checked the notes, but didn't see anything about switches. I checked the BIOS and it's EFI. I am using old SATA drives. May be the default BIOS settings are for newer technology SATAs? I will go do an Internet search while I wait for an answer here in case I can find more information from a Google search or one of the other search engines as I have several.

As great as Google search is, it still misses every once in a while.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

That's odd unless this is a VERY old computer. I did have that happen a time or two but that was like decades ago. I can't imagine what "switches" you might be referring to.

Does the BIOS show the drives? If so, it might be the interface needs a driver. Could very well could be the drives are SATA 1 but I can't imagine the BIOS not being backward compatible. There should be a AHCI/IDE toggle (or something similar) in the BIOS. Try changing that.

Please Read Me

Comment

I got it. I think there may be a loos connection someplace because most of the time it fails to read the main HD. You have to reboot several times before it decides to behave and boot the OS. I had to reboot several times just to be ble to install Kubuntu 17.10. When I try to boot into Kubuntu 17.10, it usually fails and tacks several tries. Its either a loos connection or bad MOBO drivers. I will post in post installation as I have a strange display problem.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
        I got it. I think there may be a loos connection someplace because most of the time it fails to read the main HD. You have to reboot several times before it decides to behave and boot the OS. I had to reboot several times just to be ble to install Kubuntu 17.10. When I try to boot into Kubuntu 17.10, it usually fails and tacks several tries. Its either a loos connection or bad MOBO drivers. I will post in post installation as I have a strange display problem.
        That's no way to run a Railroad!
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
        X