Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Clear opcode Cache button on the page after you log in.

TBH, I have not spent a lot of time investigating the innards of APC. As is usually the case, if you want to learn more, Google is your friend.

Comment

Hey...check something. Are there any other copies of apc.php anywhere in your filesystem?

Code:
      sudo apt-get install mlocate
      sudo updatedb
      sudo locate apc.php

Comment

Yep.

Code:
        pi@owncloud ~ $ sudo locate apc.php
        /home/pi/owncloud/lib/cache/apc.php
        /usr/share/doc/php-apc/apc.php
        /var/www/lib/cache/apc.php
        The first is just from where I extracted owncloud before moving it when I installed.

Feathers
        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Hm. OwnCloud appears to ship with its own version of that.

Please:
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install pastebinit

diff -y --suppress-common-lines /usr/share/doc/php-apc/apc.php /home/pi/owncloud/lib/cache/apc.php | pastebinit
          Let me know the URL that appears after running the second line so that I can take a look.

Comment

Clever little program, that!

http://paste.debian.net/60703/

Feathers
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, it's one of my favorites.

Well those files are certainly not at all alike! I bet OwnCloud is confused by the presence of the apc.php from APC because OwnCloud itself has a file with the same name but for a completely unrelated purpose.

Try this:

1. Copy the file again, but to a different name.
              Code:
              cp /usr/share/doc/php-apc/apc.php /var/www/apcinfo.php
              You may want to make sure there's no existing file called apcinfo.php on the system first, heh.

2. Edit the file and set a value for ADMIN_PASSWORD.

3. Restart Apache.

4. Browse to http://your-server/apcinfo.php.

Does it work? Does OwnCloud also work normally still, too?

Comment

apcinfo works... but I get a redirect loop when trying to log into owncloud like before.

Cleared the cache, no difference.

Removed apcinfo.php and restarted apache, no difference.

Removed browser cookies...owncloud is back to normal.

Feathers
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I'm stumped! On my system, that page doesn't drop any cookies, so it's difficult for me to fathom what's going on.

Perhaps you might post a description of your troubles at the OwnCloud forum. See if anyone there has an idea?

Comment

Look at the cookie? What's in it might provide a clue?
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Scratch that, removing the cookies just brought me back to the login screen, I get a redirect when I enter the username and password.

Cleared all data in chromium including cache and cookies, and rebooted the Pi. Still no luck.

Feathers
                      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Completely closing chromium and then clearing private data before logging in seems to have done it.

I'm very confused!

Feathers
                        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                          seems to have done it.
                          As in now both OwnCloud and the APC stats page behave normally?

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                          I'm very confused!
                          Yeah really.

Comment

Nope as in OwnCloud is back to normal, no redirect loop. I removed apcinfo.

Will try moving apcinfo back later, and clear private data in chromium, see if I can get both working at the same time. Might also be interesting to see if the problem only happens when I log in to apcinfo (in which case it might be worth checking the cookie for APC if there is one, as snowhog suggested).

Night

Feathers
                            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

OK. Let me know what you find out. Like I wrote before, apc.php isn't dropping any cookies into my browser, thus I have no cookies to examine.

Comment

Steve, I think I know where that redirect loop came from!

At the time of writing, I had 2 pi. One was running my website, the other was running OwnCloud. My router was forwarding ports 80 and 443 to the website Pi.

Since you can't forward traffic to different servers based on the content of the message (like subdomain requested), I was using Apache2's ProxyPass on my internet facing pi to create a reverse proxy/gateway to the second (owncloud) pi on my LAN.

I.e. traffic to the OwnCloud subdomain was forwarded through the website pi before it got to OwnCloud.

Perhaps the ProxyPassReverse part wasn't set up properly, I think this can cause errors when the backend server redirects traffic.

From what I remember, i was using ProxyPassReverse, but it wouldn't surprise me if I'd configured it badly.

Feathers
                                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X