This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3B ripping to Flac

Did a fresh install 10.04 k3b freezes up when ripping the last track using flac. Everything rips ok but the
    progress bar shows ripping last track and I have to terminate k3b. No problems ripping to MP3 or Orgg.
    More info I ripped about 20 cd's to flac and 2 of them completed properly.
    Should this be reported to K3B?

Re: K3B ripping to Flac

Are you getting any error output? Try launching k3b from a terminal and see what displays when the error occurs.

Please Read Me

Comment

Here is the message I start getting when I select flac encoding
      3b(1686)/kdecore (KPluginInfo) KPluginInfo::kcmServices: found 1 offers for "k3bexternalencoder"
      QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QFrame "", which already has a layout

gil@Gil-Kub:~$ k3b
      k3b(1775)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_projects" with KXMLGUIFactory!
      k3b(1775)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_dir_tree" with KXMLGUIFactory!
      k3b(1775)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_contents" with KXMLGUIFactory!
      k3b(1775)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "location_bar" with KXMLGUIFactory!
      Then k3b starts ripping all the tracks until it gets to the last track.
      The last track get ripped the cd is finished, but k3b doesn't show the last track as being completed and is locked up. No error message in Terminal. When I close k3b it reports this message.

The window "(95%) Ripping Audio Tracks From 'Compilation Album' – K3b" is not responding. It belongs to the application k3b (Process ID = 1775, hostname = localhost).
      Do you wish to terminate the application process including all of its child windows?
      Any unsaved data will be lost.

I also noticed the the track progress bar does not advance until the track is already ripped and the I get a quick flash across the track progress bar.

When I rip to ogg the track progress bar advances.

Comment

Because I have the same problem with the lame plugin, I opened another Topic on this.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3111814.0

Comment

Working...
        X