• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

install problems, help?

Ok i have tried this on 2 different CDs,

Boot to CD
    goto "Start or Install Kubuntu"

shows loading screen, finishes. Screen goes black, another load screen comes up(same one with kubuntu and the load bar), but it has like some broken green and blue lines just under the loading bar and it just hangs there( i let it sit for like 3-5mins) CD drive and HD light aren't doing anything.

I also tried the "Start kubuntu with graphics safe mode" and it does the same thing

can someone help pls?

Re: install problems, help?

Hello. A little more info would be helpful. I have had trouble with the Live cd so I used alternate install cd. Also I have several boxes that just won't run Linux of any flavor. First try the live cd to see if your box will run Kubuntu, then try the text mode installer. Also I have had trouble with partitions but have solved that with 2 hard drives and install Kubuntu on the 2nd physical drive. Please send a little more details. Hope this helps.

Comment

not sure what details your asking about, but i used to have VLOS install but got tired of it.

my PC is one i built

AMD64 3500
      2gb ddr2
      160sataII
      ATi x800XT

i'll try the alt install when i get a chance today

Comment

it seems like a silly question to ask - but i'll ask it anyways.

are you using the 64b version of kubuntu to install?

i'm fairly certain you have already covered that, but just thought i'd ask....

Comment

Working...
        X