Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen size gone mad suddenly - how to change?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen size gone mad suddenly - how to change?

Suddenly, even though the Monitor setting in Monitor & Display in System Services is set at maximum size (the slider set to Higher - 1024 x 800), all the windows have grown/magnified, all the fonts are BIG. I have to scroll the whole screen left/right, up/down! Windows open up half off the screen!

Not only wondering what happened, but can't find any utility to help me reduce overall font size etc.

Can anyone help, please? With my lack of knowledge - could it simply be a graphics driver that has malfunctioned - it did work fine!

Re: Screen size gone mad suddenly - how to change?

Have you altered the xorg.conf in anyway? Updated drivers for your graphics card. I had something similar to the problem you had on a suse machine when i selected the wrong resolution. I used sax2 then, but i don't think kubuntu has sax2.

I did find an article which shows how to reconfigure the the xserver back to original settings:
    http://www.itweek.co.uk/personal-com...n-setup?page=2

For font configuration. kcontrol > appearance and themes > fonts?

Hope you solve the problem.

Comment

I've just gone through the same problem after trying ti customize the Desktop on Kubuntu. Now the screen is too large to even read the Help section or KDE handbook. No drivers loaded, just SOMETHING in what I configured.
      My Start window is fine, only goes supersize at login and thereafter.
      I'll try other links, but this question is definitely my issue,too.
      help?

Comment

A follow up:
        Went through my "Ubuntu unleashed" book and tried resetting ALL changes to defaults. Noticed that Display (in system settings) was showing my monitor wasn't configured (red X through icon).
        Tried to configure but even though it recognized the unit (NEC Accusync 75F), it still wasn't set.
        Went ahead with Continue and rebooted-and I'm back to normal (as well as I'll ever be).
        Still puzzled but happier. Hope that this may help some other new person.
        Time to plunge in...

Comment

Working...
        X