This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Head Setup for Kubuntu

I just put Kubuntu on my laptop and I was wondering if anyone tell me how to set up this to let me add another monitor to give me more screen space. Is there just some generic way to do this or is it hardware specific?

Re: Dual Head Setup for Kubuntu

I just did the same for a desktop system. The only way I could get it to work properly was to install the proprietary drivers from Nvidia, and set it up from the Nvidia X configuration applet. I am sure there are other ways (myself being very new to Linux and Kubuntu) but, if you are running a Nvidia card, this is one possible solution. I

f you are running an ATI card, I just read that ATI released new drivers for there x1000 series (I am guessing this is all their not so ancient hardware up to the x1900), however I did see a few posts here and there that the mobility card was difficult, if not impossible to setup. Could be worth a shot however.

Bryan

Comment

Re: Dual Head Setup for Kubuntu

I recommend you check this howto:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=221174

I have ATI graphics in my laptop and the bigdesktop method worked best for me YMMV. Mine works pretty well now and I have direct rendering working (pretty well). Only issue I have now is a little cursor ghosting, but only a minor annoyance. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X