This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Write Problems

I've just installed Kubuntu 6.06 (Dapper), and things are going fairly well, but I have some strange problems with CD drives. I have two CD drives, the first (hdc) is a read only and the second (hdd) is a read/write. I can read on both of them, but cannot burn a CD. K3b lets me set everything up, acts like it's burning (the timer is even going), but there's no data being transferred, and no burning.

Some indications of CD related problems are:

1. I occasionally get a "Malformed URL" diagnostic when trying to read, especially on the first (hdc) drive. If I then try to read on the other drive it will be OK, and when I go back to the first drive, It's OK too.

2. The icon that displays on the desktop when I insert a CD in the second drive (hdd) says "LEX 600 CD" ! LEX 600 is the printer that I have installed, so something has really gotten confused there, but I don't know where to look to fix it.

3. When I look at the configuration in System Settings -> Disks & Filesystems, I find that hdc is checked as writable (which it isn't). If I uncheck it, it will later appear checked again later. The second (hdd) drive is checked writable as it should be, but I can't seem to write to it.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.
Working...
X