X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant see other hard drives

Hi,

First off....i have 3 harddrives, 2 IDE (160GB, 40GB) and 1 SATA (40GB).

I installed Kubuntu on the SATA Hard drive.

It boots fine and everything its just I cant find my 2 other hard drives. I click on storage devices i think its called, it has cdrom 1 and 2 and floppy 1, but none of my harddrives.

Basically all my files are on the 160gb and 40gb IDE NTFS hard drives, music video etc and i cant access them because i cant find my harddrives any where in kubuntu, i have searched this issue loads but cant seem to find anything on it.

Why cant i see my 2 NTFS harddrives with all my DATA, this is the only issue stopping me from using Kubuntu.

Any ideas on how to view and access files from the harddrives?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. When i installed Kubuntu i disconnected my 2 IDE drives as i was having Error 17 when grub started from the IDE so i just put it all on the SATA, dont know if this makes any difference but i thought it was worth mentioning.

Re: Cant see other hard drives

I had a similar problem when I moved from Dapper to Edgy. Edgy does not show Windows Hard Drives by default and must be mounted. Look at http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_E...s_to_read_only
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I cant make sense of it sorry. i am a complete linux newb.

Could you write a simple step by step guide please.

Thanks.

Comment

Alternatively look at http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/mountwindows
        "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thank you this is much easier for me to understand

Comment

I had to edit my fstab file to get mine to read. But after that, it was no problem.
            The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

There's a nice tutorial on this at help:/kubuntu/desktopguide/partitions-booting.html, available from the default Konqueror home page.

Also, to have the partitions show up on your desktop, right-click on the desktop and choose Create New, Link to Device, Hard Disk Device, then enter a name for it and on the Device tab choose the actual device.

Comment

Working...
              X