This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu 6.06 Flashplayer won't Install for Konqueror

I followed the instructions for installing flashplayer in the new guy forum.  I checked adept and have libgtk2 and libgtkhtml2 both installed.  I then ran the flashplayer_installer script and followed the directions (done it many times with other distributions).  It looks like this install did not install Firefox so I chose /usr/lib/firefox/plugins as the install directory and the files were copied there by the installer.  After clicking the button for scan for plugins and starting Konqueror multiple times the plug in does not show up in the plug in list and the flash sites keep saying I need the flash player.

Re: kubuntu 6.06 Flashplayer won't Install for Konqueror

Are you running the 64bit distro? I had the same problem and it said it wasn't supported (flash).

Comment

No, I'm running the 32 bit download from DVD iso. I installed firefox and the flashplayer works fine with it, just not with Konqueror.

Comment

I had the same problem with Konqueror (32bit). So I just use FF which I think is better anyway. I am just trying to figure out how to make FF my default program instead of Konqueror for the web or any html. Have you figured that out yet? and if you have can you let me know.

Comment

One way is to launch system settings/personal/KDE components/default applications/web browser, then under default component click in the following browser, then browse to the firefox button.

Comment

Thanks brianwhi that worked!

Comment

Still no help for the konqueror issue though. I wish someone could help us, konqueror is the best browser for using the Cisco education curriculum.

Comment

Solved. Rebooting seems to have fixed konqueror & flashplayer.

Comment

Working...
                X