This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANSWERED - Wifi not working any longer

I have a new Kubuntu 6.10 installation. From the start wifi worked reliably upon booting the system. Today I lost connectivity in the midlle of a chat conference.
    I have not been able to get it going again.

Wifi card is an Atheros chipset; the card is detected; ath0 is shown. My network settings are standard and have not changed.

The same card works on an older Kubuntu installation (6.06).

Before I forget it: I installed the madwifi driver a few days ago. However, I am not using it yet. And wifi worked after the installation of madwifi.

How do I get wifi back, please?
    Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 08, 2019, 05:35 PM.

Re: Wifi not working any longer

Hi
    I really dont know what kind of problem that u have
    But i use atheros and Kubuntu 6.06 dapperdrake instead.
    have u installed Knetwork manager?
    it is really usefull and GUI based application.
    May be you should unsinstall madwifi, i dont know. Or try this
    in terminal type
    $ man ifconfig
    $ man iwconfig

CMIIW

Comment

Re: Wifi not working any longer

Right now I am also using Kubuntu 6.06 with the standard installation for wifi. It works reliably and I have not attempted to install madwifi in 6.06.

I also installed Kubuntu 6.10 RS1. Atheros wifi worked also right after installation. But after booting a few times it ceases to work - madwifi or not. Reinstalled Kubuntu 6.10 - it worked again. After the third reboot it stopped working.

That's when I went back to 6.06.

Comment

ANSWERED - Wifi not working any longer

Just looked at bug info for 6.10.

The wireless problem is a known bug. It appears to affect only the most recent version or build. Earlier builds did not have it. there are several workarounds suggested - all involving command line.
        So, wireless can be made to work using command line control instead of the wireless Assistent.
        Last edited by Snowhog; Sep 08, 2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X