Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Other] Had major issues with Kubuntu

Hey folks,

A few huge things happened. I got locked out of the forum, and maybe it was my low vision issues, but I could not figure out how to reset my password.

I tried to download and uninstall a few programs. I ended up trying to send a bug report, it's been like a month now. My memory faded on exactly what happened. Somehow during that, my disk ended up full. After that, Kubuntu would only boot to a black screen with a cursor. I could move the mouse but there was nothing to click on. There was nothing to do but hard power down the computer. I've been using this computer by way of puppy linux the last month.

I was working on repartitioning through puppy linux, as this experience convinced me I definitely want my OS on it's own partition away from all my data in the future. Today, I finally moved the entire documents folder, videos folder, and pictures folder to my new storage1 partition on a separate drive, getting ready to reinstall something else over that mess.

But suddenly this OS booted up again when I missed F12 to get into puppy linux! I was still logged in in the browser, and here I am back in the forum.

I thought I should let you all know that happened.

Well, welcome back!
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-18-generic

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X