This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] kdeinit5 closed unexpectedly

Kubuntu 20.04 here. Whenever I open a folder that contains LibreOffice (word.docx) files whose content include comments (as in LibreOffice>insert>comment = a yellow box on the right-hand side appears), the following happens:

- a number of notifications pops up off the taskbar saying "kdeinit5 closed unexpectedly, etc" (see screenshot). The number of notification seems to be random - it doesn't seem to correspond to the number of LibreOffice files containing comments in the folder I opened;
    - if I click on the corresponding notification icon on the taskbar, a second windows pops up saying pretty much the same thing (see second screenshot);
    - if I click on "restart application", nothing happens.

This is behaviour is consistent - as far as I can see: only word.docx that contain comments trigger it. Any other more or less complex word.docx doesn't cause it.

What can I do to prevent this from happening - or at least to disable this kind of notifications if no solution is at hand?

thanks.
    Attached Files

I've forgotten to add that exactly the same behaviour occurs while I'm working on a word.docx containing comments and precisely when I click on "save"/"ctrl-s".

Comment

Perhaps drkonqi is the problem. Purge it and see if the problem persists.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

didn't solve it, I'm afraid. I'm now trying out Kubutu 21.04 and the problem seems to be gone (seems).

Comment

Working...
        X