Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Other] Forum Threads Keep Disappearing

Hello,

There were two threads I posted that are just gone.
    It's okay if they were deleted but I'm just left a little confused by them just vanishing with no notification or anything.
    I thought the first time it was just a fluke or something, like perhaps I didn't make the thread at all.
    I kept the tab open and it did exist, for few days but now it's vanished without a trace.

It'd be nice to know if I'm doing something wrong so I can stop doing it and maybe keep a thread open.

Thanks!
    Please excuse my poor English, English is my first language.

This is the only thread I see that you started: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...l=1#post445921

Was/are the others you started?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes but do you see my thread count being 4? I can no longer see them myself!

One about troubleshooting audio devices and another about kwinrc getting modified while running certain apps. I have the url for that one: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...fe-set-to-true
      I can see it but cannot post any reply or find it anywhere on the forums. Very strange.

Comment

Looks like a problem on your end...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_0508_044246.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	645139
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_0508_044138.png
Views:	1
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	645140

Comment

Originally posted by Salamander View Post
          Hello,

There were two threads I posted that are just gone.
          It's okay if they were deleted but I'm just left a little confused by them just vanishing with no notification or anything.
          I thought the first time it was just a fluke or something, like perhaps I didn't make the thread at all.
          I kept the tab open and it did exist, for few days but now it's vanished without a trace.

It'd be nice to know if I'm doing something wrong so I can stop doing it and maybe keep a thread open.

Thanks!
          Nothing you did. As I've posted about previously, we (KFN) are experiencing issues with our Forum content due to some incompatibilities with this version of vBulletin and the versions of PHP and mySQL that are in use. Until KFN is moved over to vBulletin 5.6 (which is being worked on), we have to deal with those incompatibilities. Some can be addressed, and 'missing posts/threads' is one I can 'fix', at least until it happens again (fix, rinse, repeat). I just fixed this issue, and your 'missing' threads are findable once again.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I was thinking it was wonky board behavior.
            I very much appreciate the time you've taken to assist me @Snowhog

Cheers!

Comment

Good post and we should focus on this. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X