X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] SDDM multi-users behavior

Hi all,

I make this post because I think SDDM has a very unfriendly behavior when dealing with multi-users and sessions. There may be design reasons behind the scene, but user-experience speaking, it's very non-intuitive.
    Maybe one can suggest me a solution or workaround, or if some people agree with me maybe I can forward to SDDM team...

The unfriendly behavior is the about the different screens flow when logging/switching user/locking session (ok the screenlocker may shows up here).
    I think the basic flows would be
    - "when a user want to switch to an other user, he may be shown a login screen with all users (even its session itself). It's sometime like that (step 4 in next pictures) but not always (step 10)."
    - "when a user lock its session, it can unlock it, or switch user, which should always show the basic login screen with all users"

In a family, people may not be familiar with computers, playing with session, start new ones, jumping from one screen to another is not obvious or ambigous.

I posted a series of pictures showing a use-case workflow I did, to show what I think unexpected or unfriendly behavior. I did this test with ResuseSession set to true, without this, the behavior is even worse !

My questions are :
    • Do you agree with this unfriendly behavior ?
    • Can you suggest a workaround ? I don't know if gdm/lightdm behave the same, but I think as the login manager and the locking screen are distinct parts, we can't get a unified session management.
    • What could be the best place to discuss this with SDDM authors ?

Thanks for your help and advices !
Working...
X