This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Installation] Can't get version 20.04.2 to run new as can't open page 2

This is a new thread to continue the first version. i was advised to open this as there's a technical issue due to server update.

derekc23
    Thanks for all your help.
    I did some experimenting:
    In the first post I mentioned I had a working 'normal' ubuntu on, lets call it disc A.
    I had tried unsuccessfully to install kubuntu to disc B.
    So I tried 'normal' ubuntu on disc B. That failed with the same error.
    I then tried kubuntu on disc A. It worked!! So I am assuming that Ubuntu of either flavour doesn't like disc B!
    I really love the new version - I've now got to play with it to understand the differences in layout etc, compared with the previous version.

When I start Kubuntu from the Boot menu I get a grub menu first with various options including advanced options and memtest - is this normal as it didn't occur with 'normal' ubuntu?

My only problem now is that I have disc B with the unusable version. I'm assuming that I can't just reformat this as it has links to the MBR on the master disc?

I want to use FFmpeg to join large numbers of TIFFs produced by a video enhancing program, using Nvidia GPU acceleration. Any advice on this? It would be nice to find a ready to use version with the acceleration, but I assume that doesn't exist.

Sorry for lots of questions!
Working...
X