X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[System] Issues with game mode installation

Hello,

I have been having a problem with installing Feral game mode on Kubuntu, whenever I do it via discover software center or command line, it keeps telling me that there isn't an official release file and won't install further past that point unless I fiddle with security settings. I don't know if it's something to worry about if I don't have all the files. It seems active otherwise but I am worried if it is incomplete or something but seems to function since steam can find it. If it is something to worry about. How do I get it to install fully on kubuntu because I don't know what it wants from me?

I know it is in standard ubuntu by default for 20.04 but I tried to do it manually since steam kept crashing Civ 6 trying to run the game mode command and assumed it either didn't install properly or wasn't there by default. My Kubuntu model is 20.04

Thanks in advance.

Gamemode is included in the official repos now, starting with 20.04, so no PPA is necessary anymore
    The PPA I am assuming you added is throwing this error as it indicates that it does not have any packages for Focal in it.

remove the PPA with ppa-purge, update, and you should be able to install it properly

sudo apt install gamemode

If it is causing the game to crash, then don't use it. it is in no way a required thing.

https://github.com/FeralInteractive/gamemode
    Last edited by claydoh; Jan 21, 2021, 07:09 PM.

Comment

It worked although I had to use a different method to purge. Command purging wasn't working for the same reason but the gui method got the job done. Thank you again for the help. Game mode is functioning fine now too. I guess I didn't restart Kubuntu before attempting to launch. XD

Comment

Yeah, changing cpu governors and the like probably needs a reboot to take effect. Good catch

Comment

Working...
        X