X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Errors] Kubuntu 20.04 Updates

Hello everyone,

I am new to Linux and Kubuntu and have been trying to teach myself how to fix any issues I come across. I have been trying to update the apps on my computer and although most are able to update there are still six that won't update. I receive this message every time I try.

Cannot obtain lock E: Could not get lock/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend. It is held by process 2183(unattended-upgr) W: Be aware that removing the lock file is not a solution and may break your system. E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-forntend), is another process using it?

These are the specs for my system:
    • Kubuntu 20.04
    • KDE frameworks v 5.68.0
    • QT v 5.12.8
    • Kernel v 5.4.0-53-generic
    • 64 bit
    • AMD
    • Dell Inspiron 15-5365 laptop

What methods are best to resolve this?

Thank you for any help

It looks like you are attempting to 'update' packages from the command line "right after reaching the Desktop", but Discover is already in the process of updating the package cache, and as such, has set the 'lock' which prevents another update process from interfering.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hello Snowhog!

I did update my packages in the past using the command line and after some fiddling around I was able to set everything right. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Welcome to KFN!
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X