X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Internet] Connected to Wi-Fi but no internet access

Hello,

I am currently new to the world of Kubuntu, just today I just installed it (version 18.04.5). I must say that I went from Windows to Kubuntu because of the quality of this operating system.

But sadly, I have a problem that I have not been able (nor know how) to solve.

My problem is, as the title says, I cannot access the internet. Although it appears to me that I am connected to the wireless network, I cannot access any internet content.

Although there is something strange in all this; When I leave my computer on for several minutes, whether I am using it or not, the internet magically arrives! But as it comes, so it goes. The internet reaches me for approximately less than a minute, I dare say less than 30 seconds.

I must say that, before sticking with Kubuntu, I tried several OSs; (I tried them in this order) 1. Zorin OS (15.3 Lite, 32-bit), 2. BionicPup (8.0, 32-bit), 3. Linux Lite (5.0, 64-bit) and 4. Linux Mint (18.3 Cinnamon, 32-bit), and this problem I presented in Zorin OS and Linux Lite, but in Linux Mint and BionicPup I could perfectly access the internet, download packages and software, etc.

I would like to give more information, but, as I said above, I am new to this and I don't know what to put.

I appreciate the help and those who can give me.

Sorry no one's replied yet, @JuanCarlosJC. It's most likely because no one had a solution to offer. Nor do I...however...

From what you're describing, it sounds suspiciously like a hardware issue [although I admit that your success with a couple of distros throws a monkey-wrench into this]. Do you have an Ethernet cable? Can you try plugging that in directly to your router [or modem] and see how your Internet connection behaves then? If it's good, we can cautiously narrow things down a bit.

Also, do any other devices that use the same Wi-Fi connection have problems, or is it limited to this one computer?
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
    X