This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evolution

I am a newbie but have windows,Dapper D, and Kubuntu.What I would like is to get Evolution Mail into Kubuntu.I have it in Dapper and have searched adept and add/remove programs but it is not there.I have tried Fetch updates but I appear to have everything installed.Any help would be appreciated.

Re: evolution

Somebody with actual experience of running Evolution in KDE could give you a better answer than this. Its not a standard thing to do because Evolution is a program native to Gnome, not KDE. The KDE equivalent is the Kontact PIM suite which contains Kmail - the native KDE mail program (although personally I use Thunderbird). I'm sure it could be done (e.g. by typing sudo apt-get install Evolution) but it may install a lot of dependencies (a lot of Gnome libraries)

Comment

I am also a newbie. Have you managed to do this? Is it advisable? I must admit I like the look of Evolution over Kontact PIM suite and the integration of calender etc seems to have a better user format. I dont like Thunderbird at all at least the Windows version. I would like an email client that intergrates a calender Evolution does this so why even consider Thunderbird.

Yours thoughts please.

Comment

I installed Evolution in Kubuntu with no problems - but I gotta say I now like Kmail better.

Kmenu>System>Adept Package manager. In the search box type in evolution.

If you don't get a result that way it may be because you don't have all the repositories enabled.

Adept>View>Manage Repositories

Look down the list - do you have lines that start
        #deb
        if so - delete the
        #
        and click Apply at the bottom. Then click "Fetch Updates" and search for Evolution again. Right click and and chose "Request install" then "Apply changes" at the top.

Comment

Working...
        X