Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MULTI BOOT] Dual boot causeing wireless usb issues on both OS including the time

hello, my first ever post in a forum of any kind.
    Ive just recently made my desktop win 10 machine a dual boot with kubuntu 20.04, i had some issues in getting the option to dual to appear, my issues is sometimes when switching between windows and kubuntu the wireless usb isnt being seen, and there is no network options to try and configure, if i unplug the wireless usb and plug it back it, it works straight away, its becoming very annoying, i hope someone is able to help, many thanks in advance

Hello, and welcome!

To start, when you are in Kubuntu, and the wifi is working, we'll need to get some info about the usb device, so open Konsole and type in the command lsusb, and copy/paste the results into a post.

One can get the usb info using KInfoCenter, but it is a lot easier to copypasta the command line output, and much easier for us to view and use, and do our own copy and pasting

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry for my late reply. Here is the results

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
      Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
      Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0c45:7603 Microdia
      Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1b1c:1b2e Corsair
      Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8188EUS 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter
      Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
      Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Comment

Bump Bump. im at a loss. i cant figure it out

Comment

Working...
        X