I moved iHD_drv_video.so to another place. There is no "[vaapi] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed" message with mpv. However, I still see
"
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
"
at the vainfo. Still getting frame drop but, similar with "export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965" even though I didn't do it.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
VAAPI question maybe related with Intel and libva
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
After I did "export MESA_LOADER_DRIVER_OVERRIDE=i965", frame drop is less than before.
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
Thank you for your reply.
I got info like below.
Video decoder: ff-h264-vaapi (HW)
Pixel format: vaapi_vld
Looks like it's okay?
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
Your vainfo output suggest that vaapi accel is working.
I am not familiar with mpv.
Can you install kodi and play the video?
During playback press the o key to pull up the info display. You will see if vaapi is operational.
Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
- Top
- Bottom
Leave a comment:
-
VAAPI question maybe related with Intel and libva
Hi, I am new to Kubuntu.
I used my laptop with EndeavourOS, MX Linux and etc. EndeavourOS and MX Linux were fine with VAAPI. With MX Linux, I needed to use below setting for no frame drop.

I changed OS to Kubuntu and I am happy with it's beauty and lightness.
For now, my only problem is frame drop when playing video with mpv using VAAPI.
Operating System: Kubuntu 20.10
KDE Plasma Version: 5.19.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.73.0
Qt Version: 5.14.2
Kernel Version: 5.8.0-16-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 2 × Intel® Celeron® CPU N2840 @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 1.8 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics
lspci | grep aphic
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0e)
vainfo
libva info: VA-API version 1.8.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_8
libva error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 1
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_6
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.8 (libva 2.8.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel(R) Bay Trail - 2.4.0
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointEncSlice
VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointEncSlice
VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
VAProfileH264Main : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileH264Main : VAEntrypointEncSlice
VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointEncSlice
VAProfileH264StereoHigh : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileVC1Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileVC1Main : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD
VAProfileNone : VAEntrypointVideoProc
VAProfileJPEGBaseline : VAEntrypointVLD
When I play video with mpv, I got red message like below.
[vaapi] libva: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so init failed


What can I try?
If you guys need more information, just tell me.
Thanks in advance.
Users Viewing This Topic
Collapse
There are 0 users viewing this topic.
Leave a comment: