Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Customising moving objects by the mouse from one folder to another

Kubuntu 20.04

When moving a folder or file by mouse within the same drive, to another folder, a menu opens asking whether to move the object, or copy it, or create a link at that location.
    Currently moving objects only works with left click and does not work with right click.

a) How can I change this behaviour, to automatically move the object if it is within the same drive, and to automatically copy it, if it is to a different drive (when using the left click)?

b) After accomplishing the above, how can I enable the move of an object by right click with the same menu as above (prompting to move, or copy or create link)?

You can't.

It is one of those fundamental things that comes up occasionally, maybe as long as i can remember (20 years), and it ain't gonna change.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you.
      At least, I found a keyboard short cut:
      Holding shift on the keyboard moves the object, holding control copies the object (whether it is the same drive or not).
      In other OS environments holding control copies into the same drive but I had not seen the shift combination before.

Comment

Working...
      X